[Chapter 7]

Chapter 7

Reader's POV

After searching the house for what seemed like forever, I went outside to search the perimeter.

Where did you go Aaron?

I found faint footprints in the snow that lead to the forest.

Those are probably Aaron's

I followed them, hoping that I could reach Aaron in time before the snowstorm got too bad.

Aaron's POV

"Where exactly did you say you saw Zane again?" I ask still following Aphmau.

"Oh, I saw him... This way" Aphmau pointed in a direction. "He really should've been somewhere around this clearing."

"Are you sure?" I asked her.

We really were starting to get a bit too far from the lodge. There's no way Zane was all the way out here. That's not something I'd think he'd do.

"We're really far from the lodge" I informed her.

"Y-You... don't want me to find Zane?" Aph starts tearing up.

"That's not it at all. Of course, I wanna help you find Zane, it's just... the storm is really picking up, and we're really far from the lodge."

"Are you upset that I like Zane?"

"What? No! Not at all! Why are you even asking that?" I defend

This doesn't sound like Aphmau...

"It's just weird that you're acting like you don't want to help me find Zane!"

"Aph, I know you're under a lot of stress right now so... maybe your judgement is off a bit." I reason.

"Jealousy doesn't look good on you Aaron."

"I'm not jealous in the slightest bit, you know that. I just don't see the point of putting ourselves in danger. I know Zane wouldn't want you to do that!"

"Jealous!" Aphmau sings.

"Argh fine, we'll keep moving" I sigh.

"PERFECT! This way!" She motions for me to follow her.

"Zane missing has really messed with her mind... Hopefully, we find him soon..." I mumbled aloud, begrudgingly following Aphmau further into the forest with the danger of the approaching storm.

Gene's POV (That's a first)

Once we all finished our food. I contemplated whether I should join Y/N on the search for Aaron.

No, I shouldn't they both insisted I stay behind...

Garroth stomped into the lobby, bringing a surprise behind him.

Aphmau quickly ran over to the man behind Garroth. Hugging Zane, she cheered.

Garroth explained that something was up.

"Zane! I was so worried about you! You have no idea!" Aphmau cried in Zane's arms.

The two have been hugging for five minutes straight. They were inseparable. It was becoming a bit too sickly sweet.

"SHSHSHSHSHSHSHS. It's okay Aphmau, I'm here now... Ah-Ah- AHCHOO!" Zane sneezed.

"Ah! You're cold! Here. You can have your jacket back..." Aphmau took off the borrowed jacket, giving it back to Zane for him to wear.