[Chapter 8]

Chapter 8

Reader's POV

It's so cold out here... The snowstorm is picking up. Aaron's footprints are gone, completely covered by the falling snow. I either have to find Aaron right now and go back to the lodge. Or I skip finding Aaron altogether and just head back anyway.

I step one freezing foot in front of the other, continuing to find Aaron.

Aaron's POV

"This way! I'm sure!" Aph speaks out with uncharacteristic joy for the situation.

"You said that twenty minutes ago!" I point out.

"This time, I'm sure!" She says determined.

"Aph..."

"We're going to find him!"

"Aph!" I yell sternly. She won't listen to me.

"Just a little further..."

I sped up to get in front of her. "APH!"

"Huh?" She finally stops.

"I'm sorry but I'm saying this now: You are NOT acting like the Aphmau I know! I understand you're hurting because your friend is lost, but getting lost ourselves isn't going to solve anything! We've been going around in circles and we're so far away from the lodge that we're in serious danger! Aph... please... let's go back. The snow is picking up even more and it's ridiculously cold!" I reason.

"You're just... jealous." She speaks, her voice lowered.

"I am not! Please listen to me!" I beg.

With anger in her eyes, she looked at me. "YOU DON'T DESERVE ME!"

Confused, I ask, "what?!"

Aphmau punches me.

I recoil, "Aph! What has gotten into you?!?" This is definitely not Aphmau.

In a strange voice she rages. "DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME?!? I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!" She rushes at me.

"Aph!" I pushed the both of us to the snow-covered ground.

While sitting on the snow remedying my small fall. I stand and look towards my coercer. In place of the black-haired girl, sat a familiar lilac-haired meif'wa.

My eyebrows furrowed in anger, "YOU!"

Michi groans, "w-what was that?"

"HOW DARE YOU! I KNEW YOU WERE-!" I spat.

"Wait! T-that wasn't- I..." She tried defending.

"You what?" I asked irritated.

"You don't understand! Michi couldn't control... uh, I think... Michi Out!" She stammered before quickly running away from the scene.

I recalled seeing her in the local store in town and immediately feeling suspicious about her presence. I grunted in frustration. "I can't believe I fell for that again! IT'S JUST- UGH!! I need to get back to the lodge!" I sniffed, "this way." I went in the direction where I think the lodge was.

Gene's POV

I finally found footprints. Although, I'm concerned. Whose footprints could they be? Y/N's? Or Aaron's? I contemplated following the footprints.

I'm so stupid. Y/N means the world to me. I have to find her—even if it means freezing.

I run following the footprints, puffs of my breath coming out of my cold lips.