[Chapter 10]

Chapter 10

Reader's POV

After Aaron and I left the room, we made our way towards the lobby.

That's where we found Garroth sitting on a couch, angrily typing away on the laptop. While Aphmau was sat next to him, trying to calm him down.

"Aphmau! Garroth! Something's happened! We-"

"You're right something's happened, you haven't realized we've been without internet for a very long time! Everyone probably thinks we're dead!" Garroth yelled in frustration.

"Huh, I guess you're right, we have been without internet for quite some time now. Man, I miss the internet... Back on topic though, Lucinda's gone missing—well more like kidnapped; The same with Gene." I let out, twiddling my fingers anxiously.

Aaron pulls me into a side hug, "Lucinda and Gene have been taken captive. By someone, or something."

I nod confirming, "We need to go to the secret passage and get them out of there! But we're going to need everyone's help." I distress.

"Wait, wait, wait. Gene and Lucinda... Our Lucinda?" Garroth asks.

"Garroth! What if what they're saying is true?" Aphmau asks, a bit troubled by the news.

"Do you realize how powerful Lucinda is as a witch?! I mean she can take care of herself, and-"

"Yeah! But right now, she doesn't have access to her wand and spells! She's vulnerable! They're vulnerable!" I stress.

"Is this some kind of prank?" Garroth jokes.

"No! We're dead serious" Aaron crosses his arms.

"Guys! Please believe us."

"Garroth, I think they're telling the truth..." Aphmau convinces.

"You guys are serious... Alright, what can we do to help?"

"We'll need everyone's help. Especially Zane's" I proclaim.

"Zane?" Aphmau gasps.

"Why?" Garroth asks.

"Lucinda believes whoever took her and Gene, did something to Zane's memory. We think he knows something" Aaron explains.

"Where is Zane?" I ask.

"He went upstairs to take a nap." Aphmau answered.

"Yeah, Kim went to go check up on him not too long ago" Garroth added.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

In somehow comedic effect Zane screamed for a long nine seconds.

"Zane?!" Aphmau worries.

"He's in trouble." Aaron declares.

"Oh no!" Garroth panics.

"We need to get to him. Fast!" I rush.

The four of us run to Zane's room, hoping that Zane didn't get kidnapped again.

Gene's POV

Lucinda charged at the cell, using her body weight to ram at the wall of her confinement.

"Ah, it's no use" Lucinda grumbled.

"You're right, it's not gonna work" I pointed out.

Lucinda whipped her head towards me, "what do you suggest we do?" She huffed.