unbossom

It was a Saturday evening, a football match was taking place in Félix's family's own arena. He easily got tickets to it, the seats had a perfect view and were closer than enough. It wasn't a professional match, more like a traditional league between people around here. It was for fun only and the prizes for each competition were small stuff: free meals from a 5 star restaurant, a pool party, discount in a good brand of clothes etc.

He usually didn't know the people who played, he wasn't into football either. He only arrived, pretty weirdly, for his "friend". It was a maze if they were even friends, puzzle pieces would give you clues that they were but when they got glued together it'd show they weren't.

He doesn't even know if he tolerates this guy yet he was seated as a fan. Well don't kill him for being a curious cat. He just wanted to see if his friend's ego was all bluff or if it had some truth to it.

He was expecting a supernatural performance after all that flexing, he made sure the friend knew that too. He was fuming when the response was as if the friend was a toddler.

He was busy with his own thoughts when the competition was finally set to start. His eyes searched the arena for the friend. He had to keep his eyes on him and make sure he noted the stupid mistakes he made during this. Oh Félix would enjoy hitting the friend with cold truth like: "You've made the most ridiculous play there, you could have gotten the ball if you considered it better."

And at last, the friend had appeared. He was wearing blood red shorts with a white tee shirt on. He was smiling big and the audience enjoyed it, he might have been a fan favorite. If only these poor souls knew how much a demon that guy was, ugh. His black hair falling onto his forehead, did this guy even brush that thing? Oh just imagine how ugly it will look after all sweat.

Félix was startled when the friend for somehow managed to find him in the crowd and stared into his eyes. The dark blue eyes looked at Félix's ocean ones. Then the friend waved a hello and winked, what an asshole. The audience was intrigued and they also stared at to see who that wink was for. Some teenage girls started cackling and whispering, oh can't even dare to guess what they stirred in their mind.

Félix rolled his eyes so hard  and backed in his seat to escape the eyes on him. Thank God, this was a local competition only. There were barely 300 people and the arena was so big to feel crowded. He enjoyed his neighborhood too so he wasn't worried about the rumors they'll whistle.

The worst rumors would be the gay ones and he was quite used to them since people seemed to enjoy those. Since the second he came out as bisexual, he was just shipped with whoever at this point so this didn't bother him much. He also did announce he was okay with this kinda stuff as long as it didn't go too far.

"Oh my god Félix! You're here to cheer on your boyfriend too? How cute!" spoke a voice that was coming closer to sit at the empty seat right beside Felix. The owner of the voice sounded teasing and quite irritating, the fake expression she put on was even worse.

"Hello, Karen. Shut up, Karen." replied Félix, quickly refocusing on the arena because he'd rather watch his friend than listen to Karen.

"Aw, you didn't deny it! Is this a love blossoming?" teased again, Karen. She had a smirk on her face and she was covering Félix's view to make sure she could annoy him to a hundred.

It was working. Félix felt his blood rushing to his brain, hell he might just have a tumor from this. He tried to keep his calm and giggled the most plastic sound he ever let out. He wrapped his arms on his chest, and complimented the giggle with an irritated smile.

Karen responded with a big laugh, she was cackling. She slapped Félix's one shoulder and mouthed "You're hilarious." while wiping her fake tear away with her other hand.