5

3 months later

I went upstairs again, ready to eat dinner with Minho. But this time, I had a small box with a present with me. Because today was his birthday. I got him a bracelet because the one he always wore broke a few weeks ago, and he said it was weird to not wear a bracelet at all. It was a fine silver one with a little charm on it. It was the letter N, obviously for Nuri. It may have been a bold move, but it was also kind of funny.

I mean, we became great friends after all. I knocked on his door, and as soon as he opened the door, I pulled him into a hug. "Happy Birthday," I said happily. He chuckled and hugged me back. "Thank you," he mumbled in my hair. I got inside and held the box out to him. "I told you not to get me anything," he said, but took it regardless. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I know. I ignored you," I said. He raised an eyebrow but finally opened the box.

He looked at the bracelet for a while. "My name starts with an M," he joked after a moment. "Haha. I'm almost lying on the floor, because I'm laughing so hard," I said ironically with a straight face. He grinned that beautiful grin I loved so much. He pulled me back into his arms. "Thanks," he said, "it will be my lucky bracelet." I smiled a little and finally helped him put it around his wrist.

We ate in silence, like always. Because for the last few months, it became kind of a tradition to eat dinner together. Sometimes, when he stayed late at work, we didn't, but most of the time we did. Today, he brought some leftover cake from work for me. "So what does Birthday Boy want to do?" I asked and leaned back in my chair after we finished our meals. He looked at me like he always did. The slight head tilt, the cold face expression that he tried to contain, but only managed for a few seconds before he couldn't hold back a slight grin anymore.

I loved these moments with him. I managed to fall for him. And I mean I fell really hard. Right on my face practically because there wasn't a minute in my day I could stop thinking about him. About how he finally opened up to me and about how weird he actually was. I loved that weird side where he just started to scream randomly or just had to touch me somehow, even if he just held my hand. I sighed quietly as I continued to just look at him.

He waved his hand in front of my face. "Hello? Earth to Nuri," he said. "Huh?" I asked confused as he pulled me out of my daydream. "I said, how about if we go for a walk?" he chuckled. "Oh yeah. Sure!" I quickly answered. We went outside, and I buried my hands in my pockets. It was a little bit cold today, especially now that the sun had already set. Minho had pulled up his hood, kind of hiding a little bit.

He did that often, as if he didn't like to be seen. Sometimes, when we went outside when it was still light outside, he did cover himself up like he was some kind of celebrity. I never pressed him about it. I knew he was kind of cold to people he didn't know, so maybe he just didn't want to talk to anyone? Or he was a secret agent. That was option number two.

We walked along the Han River when I noticed a man with a camera following us. "This is weird," I mumbled after I was sure that the man was indeed following us. "Hmm?" Minho asked, looking at me. "The man behind us is following us, and I think he took a photo of us," I said, confused. Minho turned just enough to see the man out of the corner of his eye. He mumbled something that sounded a lot like 'Dispatch' and started to walk faster.

"Pull up your hood," he said. I did as he told me. Definitely secret agent. He pulled my hood further down over my face. "Do you have a face mask?" he asked. I nodded. "Put it on." I again did as he told me, and he also pulled out his own face mask. "Okay listen, Nuri, we have to run, okay? He will continue to trail us if we can't shake him off," Minho said. I looked at him confused. "Are you a criminal or something?" I asked. "I'll explain later, please just run as fast as you can. He will follow us," Minho said, "on 3. 1, 2, 3."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. He was running so fast that I had trouble keeping up, but I managed to somehow keep on my feet. He pulled me away from the river into a nearby street full of houses, where he made various turns until the man lost track of us. I was breathing hard as Minho finally stopped, pulling down the mask to finally get some air. "You have a lot to explain!" I scolded him, while trying to catch my breath. "Sorry. Didn't think they would recognize me in the dark," Minho said, trying to catch his own breath.

"The Mafia?" I asked, letting go of his hand to lean on to my knees. He started to laugh. Like very hard. "No, not the Mafia," he said. "Who then?" I asked, finally being able to breathe a little bit better. "You're so smart, why can't you make the connection?" he asked. "Minho, just tell me already," I said, rolling my eyes. "I'm an Idol, Nuri. I'm in a band called Stray Kids."