Ch.7

I can't stop thinking about what Sam said to me; he says he loves me. Maybe this is real; maybe this time Sam isn't playing. Every time I think of him I smile, but there's also this pang of guilt that hits me whenever I think of Kian. What really happened between Sam and Kian? It's the question I keep asking myself. Sam is so secretive whenever I ask, and he always brushes it off. I should go over to the O2L house to see how Kian is doing.

I get dressed into some comfy attire because I'm probably only going to see the boys. I leave my apartment in sweatpants and a t-shirt and drive over.

°°°°°°°
"Hey Jenn!" Connor greets me happily after he opens the door.

"Hi Connor, how are you?" I smile.

"I'm okay, but I don't know about the other guys in this house," he says then looks away from me down to his feet.

"What do you mean?" I frown.

"Oh! Um, nothing everything's fine." Connor plasters on a smile. What is he trying to hide?
"Well, come on inside, I gotta shower but you can do whatever." I nod and he smiles before running off.

As I walk into the kitchen, I am immediately relieved. Only Kian was inside, so I would be able to talk to him privately.

"Hey," I say and he looks up.

"Hey, whatcha doin' here?" he smiles.

"I just wanted to check up on you. You know... After what Sam did." I looked up from my feet to look Kian in the eyes. He just chuckles sourly.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it. At least it wasn't my eye."

"I'm sorry. Have you guys even talked since then?"

"Not really...or not at all."

"Ugh," I bury my head in my hands. "I can't help but think it was my fault."

Kian sighs, "Like I said, don't worry about it. Besides, there's a whole lot more to the story."

"And what would that be? You know, what would that story be?" I take one of the grapes on the counter and pop it in my mouth.

"Nothing you need to worry about." Kian just winks and walks away. I scoff at him. I lean against the counter and think about what he said.

"What's up, Jenn?" Jc comes into the kitchen breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing much," I say smiling. "Do you mind if I ask you something?"

"Go for it."

"What really happened with Sam and Kian? What happened all those months ago?" As I ask this, Jc's smile fades.

"Honestly, I don't know," he says shaking his head. "I don't know the truth, neither do the other guys. And if we don't know, then nobody else probably does because we're the closest ones to them. All I know is that it was bad, and it tore them apart. But why are you asking?"

I look down at my feet. "Well, it's just lately I've just been thinking about it more because of some stuff that happened and things that Kian and Sam say."

"What do they say?"

"Oh, nothing much. It's not important," I tell Jc because if I were to tell him what they said, then I would have to tell him why they said it because Sam punched Kian, and then I would have to tell him why that happened, and who has time for that? Before Jc can say something, I cut him off. "Anyway, thanks Jc. I'm gonna go upstairs."

"Uh, okay Jenn," he replies with a smile. Just as I turn away from him he says, "You going to go flirt with Sam?" My eyes widen in shock and I turn back towards him. He's got his lips clamped shut because he's trying to suppress his laugh. I look at him and just scoff. "Don't think I haven't noticed," Jc smirks. I start to blush then shake my head and turn around to hide it. Once I start walking towards the stairs, he chuckles.

I get to the top of the stairs and am about to make my way to Sam's room, but then two doors open at the exact same time. Sam and Kian both open their doors and step out at the same time. They both look up, look at each other, then look at me. Well, this is akward. Kian looks down, and then awkwardly scoots backwards behind his door then closes it. I can't help but almost laugh because even in an awkward situation Kian can make me laugh.

I turn to Sam and greet him with a smile. His hair is all tousled and his eyes are half open, but he looks as cute as ever even when he's half asleep.

"Hey Jenn, I didn't know you were here," he smiles back at me and then pecks me on the lips. Even though it's short, I feel his lips linger on mine longing for more.

I step into his room. "Yeah, I've been downstairs because I knew you'd still be sleeping when I got here."

"You know me so well," Sam says and then pretends to blush like a girl. I giggle then slap his chest. Did I mention he was shirtless? Well, he is. Definitely shouldn't have done that because now I've noticed that he's shirtless and I can't stop staring, but then Sam breaks me out of my thoughts. "Stop checking me out," he giggles.

I look away and blush. "I was not!"

"Sure you weren't. Don't be ashamed, I was checking you out too," he winks. Oh my, why does he have to make me feel this way?

"Shut up," I exclaim and cover my face. "Just let me in." He lets me into his room, which is as messy as ever, and I plop down on his bed. I sink further into the mattress when Sam lays down too.

"Why aren't you talking to Kian?" I say softly. I look over to him and sadness flashes across his features, but are gone in an instant.

"Well, considering I punched him..." he says jokingly which makes me frown.

"Sam, I'm being serious." He just sighs. "I need to know what happened between you two. I want to fix your friendship."

Sam completely ignores what I said and smiles saying, "We are going on a date today." Alright, he doesn't want to talk about it. I get it.

"Okay? Where to?" I ask him.

"The lake," he grins. I grin back and forget the other conversation because the lake is beautiful and I always loved going there. "I know you haven't been in a while, so I wanted to take you. I've got a picnic basket set up and everything."

"When did you become such a romantic?" I tease him. He slings his arm around my waste and pulls me close to him in one swift motion, which makes me squeal.

In a "manly" voice he says, "What'd you say about me? I'm no romantic. I'm a manly man!" I burst out laughing and he joins along after breaking out of character.

°°°°°

Sam just dropped me off at my apartment after our date, which by the way was so fun. Before we had even begun eating, Sam picked me up and ran into the lake. We stayed in it for about an hour and a half, just laughing our heart out. Soaking wet, we ate the food from the picnic he had set up. To say the date was amazing, was an understatement. But some things always find there way back to my mind...

°°°°°

The next day...

I go to the mall alone to just look around. As I walk past numerous clothing stores, I can't seem to get Sam out of my mind and how happy he makes me. I catch myself smiling.

After an hour, I've tried on some clothes in three different stores, but haven't felt like buying anything except a necklace. Spotting Aunt Annie's and smelling the delicious pretzels, my mouth starts to wonder and i realize how hungry I am. As I wait in line, I begin to become bored, looking around to focus on anything interesting. That's when i see it...What I've been fearing. My vision becomes blurry and I lose my appetite. Sam has his arms wrapped around another girl, looking at her the way he looks at me.

A/N
hi guys:)