VI - Wedding Vows

Matthew

It's been 3 months since nangyari yung incident sa parking lot ni Gabby. Right now, nagpe-prepare kami ni Gabby na puntahan ang engagement party nila Matt and Shayla. After neto, kinabukasan naman ang Bachelor and Bachelorette's party. Isa kami ni Gabby sa mga kasali ron.

"Again, Love. Wag kang titingin sa macho dancer, okay?" Natawa naman siya.

"Love, wala nang ganon sa party ni Shay bukas. Promise!" Tumango na lang ako. Hindi rin nagprepare ng ganon si Matt. Ayaw daw nila ni Shayla ng mga ganong ganap. It's totally inappropriate raw and hindi na raw uso yung mga ganon.

On our way to the engagement party, tahimik lang akong nagddrive while Gabby's talking to her secretary. Kahit ngayon, nasa trabaho pa rin ang time ni Gabby. Kahit nga bukas at sa mismong wedding, nasa trabaho pa rin. She has to work double time dahil wala ang isang model niya for a week kasama na rin kasi ang honeymoon doon. Dapat nga 2 weeks pero sabi ni Matt, ayaw niya raw abusuhin ang kabaitan ni Gabby.

"Done with the call?" She just nodded pero may tinetext pa siya.

"I can't believe ikakasal na si Matt. Last night, I kept on looking back to our college days." I can't help but to smile. Every time na nagllook back ako, natatawa na lang ako. Matt and I loved Gabby very much. Gabby is what they call 'Busted Queen'. Lahat ng nanliligaw sa kanya, bina-busted niya. Wala ni isa ang nakapagpalambot sa puso ni Gabby. Until one day, she confessed her feelings to me. That time, I wanted to hug her and tell her how I feel pero napangunahan ako ng takot. I admit that before, I was a one, huge coward. Not only that. I was petty and immature. I took Gabby's feelings for granted. I enjoyed watching her chase me after I heard what she said at the resort. I had girlfriends left and right and kept on hurting Gabby. While that was our case, a lot of guys tried to steal her away from me but none of them succeed. Until Matt came into the picture once again. I remember na noong 3rd year ata kami, Matt confessed to Gabby. It wasn't a success until his 2nd confession. He's the only guy that bothered me. I was threatened by him. The moment he took Gabby away when she found out that I was with Michelle, and she just let him grab her, that's the time I knew I had to do something. It was the first time and probably the only time she left me. I should've been relieved but I wasn't. Until I tried doing things like flirting with her and staring at her. None of it got through Gabby. Thank God she really does love me or else, I'd be crying my ass off until now. That woman Matt's marrying could've been Gabby if I was still stupid as hell.

"Yeah, me too. Minsan nga, nagd-day dream ako what could've been if you had confessed way way back." Napatawa naman ako. Alam ni Gabby na since 1st year kami, parehas na kaming may gusto sa isa't-isa. I confessed noong nasa resort. And our love story could've started ages ago if it wasn't for my ego.

"Baka kasal na agad tayo pagka-graduate pa lang namin." Hindi nagsalita si Gabby. I glanced at her and found her staring at her phone na parang shocked siya. This is not the first time that happened. Ramdam ko and alam kong hindi pa talaga siya ready magpakasal. She kept on zoning out every time I bring that up.

"Anyway, do you have Shayla's wedding vows?" Si Gabby ang napili ni Shayla na maging made of honor. They surprisingly became very close simula nung mangyari ang incident na yon sa parking lot. Natutuwa rin naman ako dahil aside from Jannelle, may iba nang kaibigan si Gabby.

"Yeah, I got it." Tumango na lang ako. Same as Gabby, napili rin ako ni Matt na maging best man. Their wedding would be a small but a solemn one. Kakilala namin ni Gabby ang naging wedding coordinator nila Matt. They chose to hold a simple wedding as they still wanna save money for their future. Parehas na mga mommy lang din nila Matt and Shayla ang present sa wedding. Shayla's father couldn't accept their relationship. She wanted Shayla to marry her childhood best friend at business partner ng Dad niya. Kaya naman nagmadali na rin silang magpakasal. Tanging mom lang ni Shayla ang tumanggap sa relationship nila ni Matt.

Pagkarating namin sa venue, sobrang na-amaze talaga ako. Malapit kasi sa paa ng bundok ang place kaya naman nature talaga ang tatambad sa mata mo. It was simple yet so elegant. You can literally hear birds chirping and the cold breeze. Kaunti lang ang tao. Piling-pili lang talaga.

Nandito kami ni Gabby sa terrace-like ng garden na ito. Medyo mataas din ang lugar kaya naman makikita mo ang magandang view na puro puno at katawan ng bundok. Napangiti na lang ako. Kung sakali mang mararamdaman ko na agad na ready na si Gabby magpakasal, parang ganito ang gagawin ko sa mismong kasal namin. A garden-nature vibe wedding. It's gonna be grand and I'll make sure that she would love to hold a second wedding after that.

Nagsimula na ang party at nagsasalita na sa unahan sila Matt and Shayla. They look so good together. Ramdam mo rin ang pagmamahal nilang dalawa sa isa't-isa. They've been together through thick and thin talaga. And I envy how Shayla's so ready to be with Matt forever.

"I know everyone who's here won't be able to attend our wedding in 2 days so let us have this practice wedding vows para marinig niyo."

"Matt, when I first met you, I know in my heart that you're the man for me. It was so funny that back then, I kept on denying to myself that I've loved you since the first time I met you. Because it was surreal and you're so mayabang." Nagtawanan naman ang lahat. I glanced at Gabby and she's smiling and tearing up.

"But then, I realized that no one in this world made me driving mad like you did. No one in this world made my life upside down like you did. And no one in this world made me love more than I love you. That's when I knew you're the man I wanna spend the rest of my life with. And now, life's still a struggle but I would be honoured and happy to experience all of it with you." Matt hugged Shayla and everyone applaud. I once again glanced at Gabby. Still tearing up and she looks so happy for them.

"Shay, likewise." Nagtawanan naman kaming lahat.

"Kidding aside. I would love to add something to your speech. It was you who made my life upside down." Nakatitig lang si Matt kay Shay. He smiled.

"When I first met you, my life was torn apart. My heart was broke and my life was meaningless. But then you came, and instead of feeling the same thing, you made it upside down.... in a good way. Instead of feeling how my life was torn apart, you made me get up and start my day with a smile again. You fixed things I couldn't. You put bandages to my wrecked, bleeding life. You fixed me that no one could ever do. You taught me how to smile again and how to seize the moment. You taught me how to get up and be the most ambitious man in the world. And with that, you made a great path for me to achieve what I really want in life. But now, none of it matters. Because I could live in a very basic house built by an unknown engineer and architect, I could wear the same clothes twice a week, I could struggle and eat less than 3x a day because everything I've ever wanted is you." And they hugged once again.

"Pero wag naman sana tayong maghirap talaga." Nagtawanan nanaman ang lahat kay Matt. We all raised our glasses for the couple. Hindi ko maiwasang matuwa sa sinabi ni Matt. Ganon din kasi sakin. None of in this world matters basta I'm with Gabby. Napatingin na lang ako sa view. Minsan, hindi ko na mapigilang hindi mapagod at mapatanong kung bakit hindi pa ready magpakasal si Gabby. I want her to carry my name. Most importantly, I wanna have kids with her. I wanna start our family right now but I couldn't. I kept on thinking about how her face turned every time I bring up things about wedding. Right at this moment, I would give up everything para lang maikasal kay Gabby.

"Are you okay?" Napatingin naman ako kay Gabby and I nodded.

"Kanina ka pa kasi tahimik e. Anything wrong?" Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya. I tucked her hair to her ear and smiled.

"I can't wait, Gabby." Mukha namang naguluhan siya sa sinabi ko. I sighed at umiling na lang.

Gabriella

I see how Matthew struggles to find answers kung bakit ayako pang magpakasal. I see his eagerness to get marry. I see how he wants to build a family with me. And it pains me every time he has to show me his face every time I give him the face that I can't marry him yet. I wanna build a family with him as well. I wanna marry him. I couldn't imagine anyone I'd be marrying other than him. He's the love of my life and I know our love is made and written by God. But right now, things are just so hard and it's getting harder day by day. I just can't marry him yet until I'm fully recovered.