Clash With the Black Cat Pirates

"Ok, at daybreak, the Pirates will land at this shore to begin their attack. But the only way they'll be able to get into the village is by going up this slope. The rest of the shoreline is pure cliff, so they'll have to come through here. If we can fight them here while they're confined to this narrow path, then their numbers won't mean anything, and the village will be safe." Usopp leads our group back up the rocky path way while we discuss our plan of attack.

I smile at the view of the ocean and can't help but remember the happiness that I felt when I first found my secret hideaway or how much this place reminds me of it.

"Ok, that sounds pretty easy."

"Talking about it is, but our victory all depends on our strength. What is it that you guys can do?" Usopp asks.

I flush and cross my arms in embarrassment.

"I cut," Zoro states simply.

Luffy holds out his arm and fist. "I stretch."

"I steal," Nami says with her hands confidently on her hips.

"I run?" I offer meekly. Zoro looks at me in disappointment.

"Really? That's all you can do?" He scoffs.

"Look, it's not my fault that I wasn't trained as a child just because I was born a girl."

"Gender doesn't stop you from doing or being anything."

"Exactly! That's what I tried explaining to people, but nobody would ever let me be alone long enough to try anything."

"Alright, once we get a bigger ship, then I'm going to start training you."

"Yay! Thank you, Zoro." I jump up and down in my spot before bouncing over to Zoro, hugging him tightly and kissing his cheek.

He shakes his head at my antics, but I know that he'll be happy to have a sparring partner.

"Happy wife, happy life." Nami mumbles.

"What did you say, Nami?" I ask, my happiness being replaced with irritation.

"Oh, nothing, nothing." She waves me off innocently." Just that you're being too obvious with your feelings again."

"Nami..." Zoro warns, placing his arm in front of me and pushing me away from our navigator.

"Enough, you two, we need to get back to talking about our plan."

"Right, sorry." I settle down beside Zoro and give Usopp my full attention again.

"That's ok Misty, because my best skill other than lying is hiding!" Wow. That is so much worse than mine...

"That's no skill for fighting!" The four of us yell at him in sync.

"I'm just trying to make a joke. Come on, calm down, everyone," he jokes.

I sigh and rub my forehead, trying to rub away the stress headache that I can feel coming on.

Luffy is sitting on the ground, Usopp standing beside him with his arms crossed and a smile on his face, while Zoro, Nami, and I stand behind them and wait for the barrel of oil to finish coating the walkway in front of us.

"Yep, I'm a genius," Usopp smirks. I will admit, though, that it is clever because with this much oil going out, nobody will ever be able to get up here again.

Or they better not because I really don't want to fight these Pirates.

"With all this oil nobody should be able to get passed here while we get to work on the next step of the plan. They'll be so busy slipping and sliding that they won't even notice when we come up behind them and kick them in the buts."