Remembering

STEF POV

Sitting here and watching my family enjoy themselves was always something special to me. I loved seeing their laugher, their joy and the fact that they loved being around one another.

Sure, like all families we argued at times, we fought and got on each other's fucking nerves, but Lena and I created the life of our dreams. And I loved every single second of it. It was a gift, and one I cherished with all my heart.

Smiling at everyone as more and more family entered Roxy's cafe to celebrate my oldest granddaughter and Tasha, I was so very, very proud of Baby Stef.

This year had been a bitch, probably the worst for her in regards to Callie, but she had pushed through and done well in school and in her summer school program. It wasn't easy and she damn sure had her mommets when she lost her mind, but Lena and I understood. We knew how difficult this all was, plus with the vandalism and adoption.

It was a lot these past few years for this little girl. But maybe it would calm down now. Hopefully.

With Lena and I fostering Tasha, we noticed that helped Baby Stef a good amount. The two girls were very close, like sisters infact, and they reminded me of a much, much tamer, and way more kosher version of me and Rox when we were their age.

They cared for one another and looked out for one another, and Tasha had really become a part of our family. I hated the reasoning behind it, and still had visions of slitting her mother's throat, but I couldn't think that way. I had to focus on our family and positive things.

Holding my little grandson, Jude Micheal Jr. close to me, I kiss his soft little head. He smells so sweet, and reminds me so much of Jude when he was a newborn. Quiet, very easy, and slept well. I was never tired with Jude when he was a newborn, but Frankie she had been another story. She was a pisser from day one, and I loved that little girl for it. To this day.

"See all this JJ. Mm? This is your family. Yeah, and we do a lot of little parties and celebrations, which you will find out as you get older. You are probably going to be very spoiled, my sweet guy, by your sisters and cousins. And of course, me and your Nana Lion. I can promise you that." I softly kiss his little face and rub his back up and down a little more, holding him close to me.

At one point in my life I would never have imagined this. Having six children and six grandchildren. Ever. My father warned me that loving my children and being a mother was one of my biggest vices and would be my downfall. But that was not the case. They were one of my reasons for living. And a very big one, along with my beautiful wife.

I smile, watching her laughing with Olivia, Mama Rose, and Mike as she holds Faith in her arms. There were no words to describe how much I loved Lena, and I was serious when I said we could have the wedding today if she wanted. She was so strong, and had gotten even stronger over the past seventeen years, if that was at all possible.

Maybe it was as she catches my eyes and winks at me. I smile and blow a kiss at her, hoping to make heavy love with her tonight and all night. She really was an amazing mother and grandmother, and these children loved the hell out of her. I don't care what she thought. I knew she was the head of this family, and our children knew that too.

"He still sleeping, Ma?" Jude asks, knocking me out of my thoughts. I smile at him as he slides a chair over, sitting beside me, and he leans in, kissing his little son on the cheek.

"He is. Very much so. I fed him, burped him and he went right to sleep on my shoulder. He didn't even finish the bottle." I laugh and Jude smiles, rubbing little JJ's back.

"He's a good kid, Ma. I think he's so used to his sisters running around the house screaming nothing phases this little guy. A bomb could go off and he'd still be knocked out." I laugh and kiss his soft little head again.