7 || proposal

Emmalyn ⋆。°✩

A week has passed since the incident, and i can now say that things are starting to get better. My dad hasn't been around much, so physically i'm fine, but mentally i used to feel like hell.

Thankfully now, after spending almost the entire week with my friends i could say i'm feeling better.

Right now, i am spending time over at Melina's place, as we planned our adorable beach photo shoot. Her house is also large, her home has a cosier aesthetic rather than a modern one.

We were getting ready in her room, i wore a summer blouse that covered my stomach and a cute skirt with some tights underneath. My hair was naturally wavy, so i styled it and added some jewellery.

Melina had on a casual white skirt with a leopard print belt and a cherry-coloured top with laces around it. She accessorised her outfit and pulled her hair back into a ponytail, leaving some strands out. Lastly, i perfected her hair by adding some adorable flowers to put 'the icing on the cake.'

Her mom took us to the beach, during the ride, me and Melina took countless selfies and blasted songs on the radio, her mom joining our singing too.

Melina and i were friends for a long time, having first met in the early years of high school. We instantly clicked and began sharing everything. Well, nearly everything. She knows my dad's and i relationship is bad, but not this bad.

She's my all time favourite girl, and i've never been happier or more proud of her. I am glad she found Elias, and that's something i never thought i would say.

She deserves nothing else than to have someone taking care of her and showing her love. She's my closest, and without her i wouldn't be who i am. She has given me so much love and support without even understanding it.

"What's your name?" this pretty girl in my grade asked.

"Emmalyn. Yours?" i replied bashfully.

"Melina! Do you play video games?" she said. "I noticed the logo on your shirt." she explained.

"Well, it's kind of like an escape for me." i truthfully answered and she gave me a sympathetic nod.

I smiled at the memory, i truly experienced everything with her. Together, we shed tears of joy and sorrow, we partied, we drank alcohol.

When we eventually reached the beach's location, the car stopped and once we stepped outside, she ran to a soft pink long carpet, which led to the shore.

More specifically, Elias was standing in the middle of a large number of balloons, pink and white coloured. Just in time, an airplane with a flag that read 'Will you be my girlfriend?" flew by.

Melina's hand had already covered her lips in disbelief as joyful tears began to stream down her cheeks.

She quickly let go of my hand and raced to Elias arms. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and once again asked, "Will you?"

"Yes, of course i will!" she exclaimed, wiping away her tears with a wide smile.

Mateo was recording on his phone the whole time, while sitting in a corner. I smiled at him and snapped a photo of the two of them and Mateo grinned back at me.

You would think that having an airplane and so many balloons was a bit excessive, but to be honest, i offered the guys a lot of ideas. They just went with the most expensive, but adorable one!

Elias gave Mel a bouquet of lillies and pink tulips. Her favourite. She glared back at me, "You, traitor!" she shouted.

I smiled as she ran to me, shoving me hard in the sand and landing on top of me while we laughed. "I love you," i whispered, and she pulled me into a long hug.

Elias came over to us and, while we both still laughed, he helped Melina up. His fingers landed on her chin as he gazed deeply into her eyes.

It's happening, i know it.

He gave her a quick, uncompleted little peck and he pulled away, with a sudden and shocked expression in their eyes, they both however had a tiny smile on their faces.

Melina quickly moved back in for a deeper and more intense kiss. He pulled her closer, his hands on her waist. I smiled jokily pretending to look away until they both pulled away, smiling at one another.

"Sorry, that was my first kiss." Melina said and smiled subtly.

"Yeah, i could tell." He joked and laughed, observing Melina's expression as she was preparing to hit him. "I'm joking!" he quickly said.

But he wasn't able to escape those punches and kicks she gave him. He was given the beating of his life.

I stood side by side with Mateo, probably both of us wishing Elias to find a way to escape his abusive now-girlfriend.

"Can we high five or are we not there yet?" i asked Mateo in a grin, knowing that the plan was successful.

He gave me a tiny smile and a high five in response.

At the end of the day, when the sun was setting we all jumped inside the beach, fully clothed and threw water on each other, play fighting.

Now that they were in an official relationship, they started to make dating jokes about me and Mateo, saying we'd go on cute double dates. Me and him stared at them, knowing there was absolutely no way that would happen, ever!

He's handsome i can't lie but, i don't think he'll ever see me as something more than a friend.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

A/N: word count: 970
The last chapters are quite small and i'm so sorry for that, but i have 6 different exams to study for and my life has generally been soo busy. I'll try my best to make y'all happy though 🤍