04 | O Priyavara

CUT TO:

INT. PALACE HALLWAYS - MORNING

Dhrishtadyumna and Krishnaa are walking together. Krishnaa stops at a door.

KRISHNAA

Oh, Ma had called me, Dhrishta. I'll see you during lunch.

DHRISHTADYUMNA

Alright, Drau.

She waves to him as he walks away.

Then she turns and walks into the door. The servants and guards bow as she walks in.

Inside, Prishati is running her hand over different cloth materials, lost in thought.

KRISHNAA

Mata, you called?

PRISHATI

(looks up and smiles)

Yes, vatsae. Come in.

Krishnaa comes to stand next to her mother, looking at the material covering most of the bed.

PRISHATI

Putri, I had the seamstresses bring us some materials and colours for you to choose for your svayamvara.

What do you want?

Krishnaa hums and reaches out to touch a peach coloured piece of cloth. Her gaze sweeps over the rest, and she appears to be debating inwardly.

She picks up a red silk hemmed with gold and a dark green shade with silver.

KRISHNAA

I'm torn between these two, Ma.

Prishati takes the dark green and lays it against Krishnaa's skin.

As she considers it, something comes to her mind.

PRISHATI

Putri, you well know that there will be many princes and kings at your svayamvara. I have already received some replies.

Prishati sets the cloth aside to clasp her daughter's hands and cup her face.

PRISHATI

I know you were not born of my womb, Krishnaa, yet I worry. You brought life back to us, and besides, it is the right of a mother to worry for her daughter's future.

Krishnaa raises their intertwined hands to place it over her heart.