Chapter 8: A crack in the glass

Lilliana's POV

I cry my heart out, I break things I shred that fucking file multiple times.

I still can't understand why he did it?

That file had pictures of me in college, pictures of me leaving my house.

It had information about me, DNA tests to prove who my parents were.

His office is a mess, pillows with its stuffing ripped out, a glass vase is broken and all its glass is shattered covering the office.

Everything on his desk is on the floor, drawers completely removed from the desk from how angry I was.

I wasn't thinking I just did what I could to get my anger out, I didn't know how to express my anger, sadness, and fear of him.

He meant nothing to me anymore. He was back to the man I was forced to marry by my father, who I still don't know where he is.

Marco isn't the man I thought I knew.

He's a liar, manipulator and a backstabber.

It was back to how things originally were, I was going to ignore him, act cold towards him, completely neglect his existence.

After I collect myself, I slowly open the door of the office and I leave.

I head straight to the kitchen, I haven't eaten anything all day because of what happened.

I enter the kitchen and decide to make myself some mushroom risotto.

My favorite dish, the dish my mom made for me all the time before she passed.

I ask the Alexa to play sad songs.

She plays "Dynasty" by MIIA

I grab a saucepan and put it on the stove, pouring in chicken broth letting it simmer.

I grab another pan and I pour some olive oil on it.

I grab an onion and start to chop it up. Onions never fail to make me cry I swear to god.

I add the onions to the pan and let them get translucent.

After five minutes, I add a tablespoon of butter, some garlic, mushrooms, a bay leaf, and some thyme.

I let it cook for a little stirring every couple minutes and I add some salt and pepper.

The song changes, "I miss you, I'm sorry" by Gracie Abram's starts to play.

The smell of the food fills the entire kitchen.

I start to sing my heart out, relating to every lyric in the song.

In the pot where the chicken broth is I add some Arborio rice and I let it cook for about 20 minutes.

I add the mushroom mixture into the cooked risotto and mix it.

I add some parsley for garnish as well as some extra cooked mushrooms, just like my mom made it.