Chapter 24: Till death do us apart

Lilliana's POV

~2 weeks later~

I sit in front of the mirror, my fingers delicately adjusting the veil that frames my face.

The wedding dress hugs my curves, accentuating my hourglass figure, and I can't help but feel a rush of excitement at the thought of walking down the aisle towards Marco.

Despite the nervousness that threatens to bubble over, there is an undertone of joy and anticipation as I apply the final touches to my makeup, my heart already halfway down the aisle towards him.

Luna, stands beside me, a radiant smile on her face as she watches me primping in the mirror.

"You look beautiful," she says, her voice filled with sincere admiration.

"Marco's going to lose his mind when he sees you."

I turn to look at Luna, a small smile on my face.

"Nothing can go wrong today," I repeat, more for my own reassurance than anything else.

"Everything is perfect. The ceremony, the venue, the decorations, everything."

My voice is steady, betraying none of the nervous energy that courses through me beneath the surface.

The realization hits me like a punch to the gut, and a pang of disappointment settles in my chest.

"I suppose I'm walking down the aisle myself," I say, my voice laced with a mix of resignation and acceptance.

I had hoped for my father to be walking me down, for that traditional display of support and guidance on this important day, but fate has other plans.

With a deep breath, I start my journey down the aisle, the wedding march playing softly in the background.

Every step I take feels like an eternity as I make my way towards the altar, the eyes of the guests fixed on me in anticipation.

My mind buzzes with a mix of emotions - excitement, nerves, and a touch of sadness that my father isn't the one by my side.

Despite the absence of my father's presence beside me, my eyes quickly find Marco's as I approach the altar.

His gaze locks onto mine, a look of pure adoration and devotion in his eyes.

In that moment, all my worries and regrets about the lack of a father figure melt away, replaced by a wave of love and gratitude that he's the one waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

The weight of the moment is almost tangible, the room silent as I reach the altar, standing now mere inches away from Marco.

His eyes never leave mine, searching my face for any sign of doubt or uncertainty, but finding none.

He reaches out, his hands grasping mine, and the contact feels like a bolt of electricity, grounding me in the present moment.

As the officiant quiets the room, Marco takes a deep breath, his eyes still fixed on mine.

"Cara mia," he starts, his voice dripping with emotion.

"From the moment I first saw you, I knew you were someone special. You challenged me, infuriated me, but most of all, you made me feel alive in a way no one else ever had. And now, standing here, about to make you my wife, that feeling has only grown stronger."

As he finishes his vow, Marco's voice softens, his words carrying a sense of raw emotion as he gazes into her eyes.

"And most importantly," he says, "I promise to love you, with every fiber of my being and every beat of my heart. I love you."