Where am I? Chapter 1.5

Here I am. Sitting in this worn out truck, Again. I didn't think that having to power would affect me this much. What was I supposed to do now? What will mother say?

The truck had just made it outside of the city. It wasn't as inviting. Vendors glared at us and hissed their teeth. Random citizens would point at the truck and whisper like it was a zoo. Is this what life's gonna be now? Snarky comment being made at me. People staring with disgust and pity. I hate pity.

    Though I don't belong here, and I feel that trust me. It still hurts to be excluded. I long for something I just don't know what. What could I be missing? It feels as if I have completely forgotten a part of myself.

     "How long are we gonna be stuck in this truck" I mumbled. A kid to me left turned his head to me in confusion. His eyebrows were scrunched up and his lips downturned.

    "What the hell is a truck?" He was flabbergasted, truly I didn't know what a truck was. It was just the first thing that came to my head. I shrugged my shoulders trying to act clueless. As if I wasn't the one who said it. The kid turned his head returning back to his boredom. What the hell is a truck? Whatever i'm not gonna dwell on it to much.

    It's been hours and the sun has began to set. Yet we are still on our journey to god knows where. The truck...thing abruptly holts. I guess this is where we are camping tonight. Just like the trip to the city we had to make a campout site.

   A couple minutes later we finish setting up our camp. Right now me and a couple other exiled students are sitting around the campfire. Talking about absolutely nonsense just trying to get to know each other. Good vibes, right? For some reason I feel off.

~Third person~

   The sun had long his its face, leaving only ominous black sky's. The sound of crickets a frogs singing their nightly tunes filled the air. The cold dense air blew strong and steady ready to take anything down. Normally nights like this Halian would try and go bed early but this specific night felt off. An uncanny feeling was racing through her veins.

    So instead of falling into a slumber she stares at the open sky. Listening carefully. There was truly no explanation as to why she felt this way. It was just a gut feeling. If she's was wrong it would cost her a nights sleep. Though her attempts to stay awake failed. Slowly nodding off she fell into a deep sleep.

*rustle* *rustle*

    The sound of the over grown weeds and grass being bulldozed awakens Halian. Already being on full alert she gets in a hurry, scanning her surroundings. The campfire had been put out so now it was just pitch black. No one insight. Or that's what she thought. A individual dressed in all black creeped up behind her. Their stealthy manor makes it obvious that this wasn't their first time doing this. Halian completely oblivious to the threat behind her continues to search the ghostly fields.

    Like a predator the person stalked her waiting to pounce. Holding and large weapon of some sort he raises and brings it down in a swift movement. It collides with top of Halians head cresting a loud conk sound. Knocking her out clean. Her body's falls limp onto the grass.

~first person~

"Hey. Get up." A feminine voice whispered to me

    Lifting my eyelids open I wince. My body hurts bad. Especially my head. I'm laying on my back on a wood like material. Looking at the cloth roof it might be some type of wagon. What happened? I search my memory's for an answer. Im ignoring the persons demand not caring much about it.