CH 3

Ayla

I'm going to kill you.

You're dead if you ever set foot in this pack again.

You're such a fucking liar! How can you ruin Alpha Mihael's life like that? You're going to pay bitch.

You're dead.

You're going to suffer like you made Alpha suffer.

I threw my phone across the room and slid to the floor. My eyes hurt from crying and I was terrified. The threats had been pouring in ever since Michael had been removed from power. All of Michael's friends and Beta had left with him and knew that they were plotting something against me.

How could I be so stupid?

I knew Michael would get revenge but I didn't stop. I ruined his life and he was going to make me pay. I should have never listened to the king. Of course it was too late to doing anything now.

I wrapped my arms around my legs and rested my forehead on my knees. My phone dinged as more messages came through and for the first time in my life I didn't want to be anywhere near my phone.

I heard the door open but I didn't move from my spot on the floor.

"My phone is still going crazy too." Delilah said as she sat down next to me she placed a cup of coffee next to me but I didn't want it. I didn't want anything but to go back in time and stop myself from doing this.

My heart was heavy. People I thought were my friends were sending me threatening messages. I guess my only real friend was my sister. I hated that she was getting bombarded with messages too. It kept me up at night and I couldn't focus on anything either. The only thing I could think about was when Michael would get his revenge. I knew it was coming and I hated constantly looking over my shoulder and worrying.

Delilah took a sip of her coffee, "We need to be ready for training at 7."

I groaned and grabbed my coffee, maybe it'd give me enough energy to make it through training today. I stood up and went over to the armor and opened the doors. Clothes hung all over the place and makeup was on the bottom. Usually I was nice and neat but dealing with the fallout of everything made me not care about anything. Not even my looks.

I dug through the mess and pulled out my tracksuit and a tee shirt. My sister and I got ready in silence which had become our new norm. She tossed me a sports bra and I tossed her a pair of socks.Getting ready in the mornings used to be a happy event for my sister and I but now, I didn't think they'd ever return.

I slipped on my black sneakers and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. I heard a phone ring but I ignored it and continued to brush my thick hair. The phone rang again and I heard my sister say hello then she came into the bathroom and gave me a sad look. I stopped brushing my hair and waited for her to finish her call.

"Yes, we'll be there and I'll tell Ayla."

Delilah's phone landed with a clack as she tossed into the counter. "That was Tomas, he's calling everyone to let them know the King will be joining us today."

"God dammit!" I screamed and threw the brush down as hard as I could.

Delilah took a step back.

I gripped the edge of the counter so hard my knuckles turned white. I placed my forehead on the cool mirror. I felt hot and angry at everything. Michael, his friends, the King. I hated them all.

"I'm sorry."

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself but it was futile, "It's not your fault. It's mine."