Ch 5 Ayla

 My mind was groggy and fuzzy. I tried to remember what had happened but nothing came to me. Slowly, I opened my eyes. I blinked, the bright light hurt my eyes. I looked around the room and saw the machines that were beeping and making noises.

After a few seconds I realized I was in the hospital

Why?

"Ayla!"

I looked toward the door where my sister stood. She ran over to me and wrapped me in a tight hug. We sat like that for a bit. It felt good to hug my sister.

"I'll be right back, I need to go tell them you're awake."

When she came back there was a doctor and a nurse with her.

"It's good to see that you're awake." The doctor smiled.

"Me too." I said. "Do you know why I'm here?"

"You don't remember?"

I shook my head.

"You were badly beaten."

Beaten? I tried to make sense of it but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Who would want to beat me?

"You were severely injured," The doctor continued, "and we weren't sure if you were going to make it. They beat you with silver."

I was beaten with silver? I racked my brain, trying to remember something, anything. But the thoughts eluded me.

I rubbed my temples, "I don't remember anything." I was frustrated as hell.

"That's normal. You've been asleep for two days."

Days?

"You underwent a lot of trauma and you were on medications. Everything should start coming back to you soon though."

"Any idea on when I can leave?"

"Possibly today but I'm not sure."

With that they walked out and it was just me and Delilah.

"When we found you, I couldn't even recognize you because you were beaten so bad."

What happened to me?

"Delilah you don't have to stay. You should go rest and shower." I told her.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, "Yes, because i'm certain you've been here since the beginning."

"So go.", she headed toward the door, "Can you bring me my phone."

"No, King Schuyler has it."

"Why the hell does he have my phone?"

She shrugged, "I don't know."

I sighed, "Can you bring me my laptop then?"

"Sure." Then she disappeared.

Now that I was by myself I groaned

What the hell happened to me?