𝓜𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

-𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓸-

It was a habit now, a daily routine. If there wasn't acidic rain or some chaotic shit going on, Alastor and Vox would meet at Kimrat's sunscreen store then go where the fuck-ever. This was going to make it easier for Alastor to get Vox's soul.

"Hello, Vox, my good old friend!" Alastor greeted him day after day.

"Oh, Alastor, hello!" Vox always greeted him back, his mouth jerked into a vast smile.

Alastor always returned the smile, his eyes glowing and reflecting the hue of rubies. Oh, well, Alastor always smiled, but these smiles were no ordinary smiles. Most smiles Alastor wore were fake and manipulative. But these were genuine, friendly smiles, which were rare for him. They were usually reserved for Rosie.

Alastor hated it. 

He tried to think of a plan to get Vox's soul and perhaps broadcast his screams, yet Alastor's mind was an empty void. Not a single idea charred his thoughts, not a single plan breathed into life. Emptiness.

I can't think of an idea because Vox is rather powerful, Alastor told and convinced himself. It's going to need some work.

Even after all the criticism on Alastor's suggestions and offensive remarks, Vox followed them. As Alastor had recommended, Vox now wore a suit and smiled much more. One thing he had noticed was that Vox kept his hands behind his back too, like Alastor. It was as if Vox was trying to become Alastor's twin.

The red sky mirrored the tint of the blood staining the ground. Alastor patiently waited at Kimrat's sunscreen store. Several demons trembled as they walked past him, which made Alastor's ego do the fucking worm. Sounds of raucous, agonized screams scratched Alastor's ears and a crushed brain was at his feet. Was it a stomach? Was it a liver? It was too damaged to tell.

Hours lagged by and Vox still didn't arrive. Why didn't Vox come? Had something happened? None of his business, anyway. Alastor was about to leave.

"Wait!" a familiar voice pierced the air. Alastor snapped his neck around and saw Vox.

Alastor laughed. "You look terrible, my dear!"

"Yeah," static filled Vox's right eye. He sounded devastated. "Maybe because I just got fucking kicked out?"

Alastor's heart almost stopped for a moment. Vox got kicked out? Why? How? Within the static in Vox's eye, Alastor could see dismal and despair blurred in. Vox was shaking, badly.

His TV head shaking.

His arms shaking.

His legs shaking.

"As I said, terrible!" Alastor chuckled.

"Are you-" Vox's face glitched a bit. "Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?"

"Maybe." Alastor still put on a smile. "What did I tell you about a smile, my boxy fellow?"

Vox snarled and grabbed his friend's shoulders. Alastor didn't even flinch. "What the fuck, Alastor? I just got kicked out and you're like, 'oH, LeT's SmiLe!'. I don't want to fucking be Happy Sally, right now, if you've noticed, you Ḷ̴̛̭̆̊͒͌͑͐͊͠I̸̫̝̓̊̾͊̾̇̎͆̚͠M̵̨̱̱̦͙̠͖̌̒̎̆̔̽͌̌P̴̨̯̘̞̤̞̖̳̪͛́ ̵̨̧̩̥̳̫͛̆͜͜͝Ḑ̶̡̝̘̱̬̖̟̼̈́͆Ḯ̷̙͙͔͔̃̄-̴̧̮̼͇̤̲͉̲̭͈͗̉̃͌̄̈́͌̑̕̚ -"

"Oh, let's calm down," Alastor laughed. "How about you stay at my place for a while?"

"Your place?"

"Ah, yes!" Alastor clarified, twirling his cane. "My place. For a... deal?"