𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱

-𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓸-

Hours turned into days and days turned into weeks since Vox had encountered Valentino.

Even though Vox couldn't give two shits that day, now he did. Even though he had just brushed it off that day, now he stayed up late at night. Even though he had finally managed to get his powers in control and make Valentino fuck off that day, now he wished he hadn't.

Great timing. 

Vox tended to underthink things then overthink it later. On a daily basis, his mind went, 'oh, yeah, worrying about my future life choices? Put that shit on my to-do list, I'll procrastinate and do it later'.

Did Vox want to come back to the V Tower? Did Vox want to stay with Alastor? He was torn apart between keeping his good reputation or staying with his closest friend. It was like a tug of war, but he was the rope. As he was pulled, it hurt, obviously. 

Deep down, he knew he'd always crawl back to Alastor, anyways. 

Vox had a strange attraction to Alastor. At this point, he'd accepted the fact that he was obsessed. Alastor was his drug and Vox needed to get more. 

Who the fuck had killed the V's employees? They had cost him his job, his overlord status and his spot in the V's. Not like his company was thriving, but it had felt rather nice having the status quo. The only good thing Vox had gotten out of the situation was getting to live with Alastor.

"Vox?" a familiar voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

Vox stood up straight and put on a smile. "Yes, Bobella?"

"The HellChips you're making are..." Bobella sighed.

He immediately looked down to see a field of dead HellChips scattered across the counter. Their skin were burnt and a couple of them were on fire. Vox shrugged.

"This is hell, who gives a shit?" Vox rolled his eyes. "I saw a spider demon eat a whole chair covered in battery acid and glue this morning."

"Battery acid is delicious. But... glue?"

"Glitter glue."

"Understandable," Bobella nodded. "I also can't give a shit on if the HellChips are burnt or not. But we have to prove we're better than HellDonalds', so I will not hesitate to fucking fire you if you don't get your ass up and do better."

Vox jabbed a thumbs up at her face. "Yes, ma'am."

Sighing, he got back to work. He'd apparently been zoning out much more often, according to Alastor. Was Alastor worried about him? Vox could never tell with Alastor's irritatingly stupid smile. His ridiculously beautiful smile. His disgustingly yellow smile.

To be fair, his were blue and Val's were red. If they managed to find demons with green, orange, indigo or violet teeth, they'd have the whole fucking rainbow. 

"Vox?" 

"Yes, Bobella?" Vox cocked an eyebrow. 

"Your boyfriend-"

"My boyfriend?" Vox repeated with confusion. He raised his eyebrows. "Val? Because no. That porn commercial, you see, I did it for payme-"

"Not that guy," Bobella shook her head. "The twink who's built like a red crayon."

Vox stopped in his tracks.

What? Alastor? Boyfriend?

The answer varied; was she talking about his wet dreams or the shitty reality-