𝓐𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮

-𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓸-

Alastor silently sipped coffee, listening to the radio broadcast. He couldn't understand how Vox wasn't waking up. Strident chatter tore out of the radio's speaker and pierced the air.

Vox was starting to become better at controlling his powers, but they could still use a bit of work. Alastor was pretty proud and satisfied with his pal's progress. Now the person Vox was controlling didn't turn into a full-on backflipping acrobat and kill themself. Progress.

On top of that, his visits to Lilith became more frequent as well. At this point, it was clear that Lilith had a strong... dislike towards Vox. She believed he was getting in the way of Alastor's work. Alastor insisted different yet Lilith still remained pissed and stubborn.

"We have to go with the plan, remember?" Lilith had reminded him. Her voice was as cold as ice and as low in a somewhat calm, menacing way. Vexation charred her gaze.

"Of course I do!" Alastor had exclaimed, snapping his neck to the side. "And we are going with it. My friendship with him impacts absolutely nothing at all, you see-"

She poked his arm and growled, "you're lucky you're actually useful or I'd have your soul cut into millions by now."

Alastor's ears stood up eagerly as news about Lilith came on the radio.

"...Lilith has announced a new concert she's performing and one of the new songs are called 'Eyes on You'! Get your tickets now or don't, we don't actually give shits! First concert is today, around 2PM!" the person doing the announcement declared, their voice dripping with boredom. "I mean like, if you don't come, you're a dumbass, though, like she's the queen of hell-"

A new voice interrupted. "-and Happy Pride Month! Suck it if you're homopho-"

Out of the blue, the radio died and went mute, a sudden silence flooding the room. Alastor cocked an eyebrow.

 'Eyes on You'? He wondered what or who that song was about; definitely not about Lucifer, Lilith despised him. Considering they were in hell, it could literally mean 'eyes on you' as in millions of eyeballs sown onto someone.

To add on, what was Pride Month? Was it a month for Lucifer since he was the sin of pride? Was it a month for the demons of hell to be even more of the egotistical pieces of shits they were? Alastor shrugged; it was probably nothing important at all.

"Happy Pride Month, Alastor!" Vox grinned, emerging into the room. 

Alastor queried, "my boxy friend, I'd like to ask: what the fuck is Pride Month?"

Vox looked at Alastor with surprise. "You don't know what that is?"

"Well, maybe it's a month to celebrate how self-associated everyone is and to sacrifice a few good sinners to Lucifer, haha! Valentino seems like a good choice," Alastor laughed, swiveling his cane around.

Vox laughed. "Not exactly, though that seems nice considering that ฿ł₮₵Ⱨ kicked me out. Pride Month is like, to celebrate people of different sexualities like pansexual people, gay people, bisexual people, you name it."

"Oh, sorry, my dear, excuse me for that," Alastor apologized, flicking his hand, "I come from the early 1900s so my knowledge on that is rather short. What am I?"

Vox paused to think. He eyed Alastor with a thoughtful expression. After a minute, he simply shrugged.

"Who am I to ask you, anyways?" Alastor sighed, shaking his head. Abruptly, his eyes lit up. "Rosie would be rather much better at this, in fact."

Alastor tossed his coffee mug in the sink, or at least tried to. The coffee mug landed on the floor with a raucous crash and it died, its remains scattered on the floor. What the fuck? It worked in the American cliche movies Vox had shown Alastor. Of course, of course, you couldn't trust any of those noisy picture boxes.