𝓞𝓭𝓭

-𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓸-

Alastor narrowed his eyes at Lilith, cocking his head to the side. His vast smile erased all the confusion from his face. What was she doing here?

Lilith stood. Paralyzed. Her arms frozen in place. 

She tore open her mouth, yet not a single word meandered out.

What the fuck was Lilith doing, staring at Alastor and Vox from the window? That was some serious cliche American horror movie shit. Vox had forced Alastor to watch modern 'movies' with him, so Alastor knew. His boss apparently had a side job; being a stalker.

"Aren't you supposed to be at your concert, Lilith?" Alastor repeated impatiently.

Lilith finally snapped out of it. She scowled at Alastor. "It got... cancelled."

"Oh, that's horrible!" Alastor replied. "May I ask why?"

It was horrible... for him. Now he had to spend another shitty, shitty day with Lilith. He had been looking forward to a Lilith free afternoon with Vox, possibly doing a lesson. Vox had improved a lot and had almost gotten his abilities in control, so it was quite the pity.

"No, you may not," Lilith snapped angrily. She flicked her wavy, blonde hair. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go. Meet me here, tomorrow."

Alastor nodded. In the corner of his vision, he spotted Vox waving at him.

As Alastor and Lilith begun to part ways, a billboard nearing Cannibal Town breathed to life. It flickered on and showed Lilith singing and dancing. She vigorously strolled across the stage as she stridently belted out a high note that reminded him of a tea kettle. The vast crowd raucously clapped and screamed, blood and confetti flying across the air. 

At the top of the screen, it said: 'LIVE, IN HELL, 14:37P.M'.

Huh?

A wave of confusion splashed Alastor. Alastor snapped his neck around. "Lilith? I tho-"

Lilith was gone.

Every trace of her was gone. Her blonde hair was gone, her grey eyes gone. Alastor was confused and he squinted, trying to process everything. 

That was odd.

_______________

A few hours later, Alastor and Vox were back in the radio tower. As Vox eased the door close, Alastor spoke up. "You know my rather horrible, B̸̯͕̬̰͕̘̈̏̄̽͝ͅI̸͕̤̫̘͉̓̈́T̶̳̮́́̾̀C̴̹̗̮̠̻̫͍̫̔̒̈́̏̎̽͘H̶̡̤͉͈̞͖̥̘̜͋̈́̉̇̑͘͜͝Y̶̠̲̦̬͂́̊̓͂͒͠͝͝͝ boss, Lilith, right, my dear?"

"Yes, of course I do," Vox rolled his eyes. "I'm your therapist for that every day. No need to thank me or anything."

As was Alastor. They often ranted to each other about their problems. Vox always intently listened, prompting his friend for more. Alastor listened, too... 85% of the time.

It was rather strange to be able to talk about his day to someone other than Rosie or his mother. Alastor found himself flashing a genuine smile rather than a fake smile at Vox more and more often. 

It was odd. 

"Ugh, yes. Anyways, she did a concert today," Alastor muttered. "And also stalked us from the window at Rosie's Emporium."

"What? Hold my fucking pho-"

"Rather not hold a glowing rectangle box," Alastor declined the offer. "Do you have any idea on how this is possible, my boxy friend?"

Vox laughed loudly. "Haha, indeed... fucking no. What do you expect from a broke ass sinner like me?"

"I guess you're correct," Alastor tapped his chin. He was buried in his thoughts. Had Lilith cloned herself? Was that an impersonator? "Well, I'm going to try to find out. I hope I don't die while trying, in fact."