chapter 9

Recovery For the Soul and the Family

It had been two weeks since the shooting. Sakura had survived the shoot out but she had been confined in a hospital room, handcuffed as she recovered. She had been prosecuted for attempt of murder on Itachi, then attempted murder on Naruto and endangering the welfare of over dozens of people within the court room. She was also being fully charged with harassment against the family and trying to kidnap Chou. She was also brought of charges of when she tried to kill Sasuke's ex-boyfriend. Those probably weren't going to stick due to the amount of time passed but Itachi was livid. If he couldn't kill her then he would make sure she rotted in prison.

Naruto was breathing on his own and he was still in the hospital. He hated it. He wanted to go home and be with Chou and Itachi. He had been so scared. He didn't even know what happened but all he knew was that he pushed Itachi out of the way and he went numb before his whole body exploded into pain. He was sure Zabuza had tried to get him to stay awake and he thought he did until everything went dark.

It was beyond terrifying. He didn't want to think about it.

He looked up when he heard someone open the door. It was Sasuke. "Hey. You doing any better?" He asked the blonde male who sighed softly. "I would be if I was in my own home..." He trailed off looking out the window. "Good news for the most part. Doctor said you can go home today. Discharge papers were already signed by you're parents." Naruto smiled happily and Sasuke grinned lightly glad to see Naruto smile. "How's Chou? He couldn't even look at me the last few visits." Naruto knew it was because he was in the hospital. Chou never experience being in one and to see plenty of people who are sick and or dying made him feel like his own mother was going to die and that scared the young boy. "He's doing better. When he heard you were coming home he was happy. So he's waiting for you." Naruto smiled again. Finally he was going home!

Two hours later Naruto was being helped into a wheel-chair as he got out of the car looking at his home. He was pushed forward by Sasuke since Itachi had people install a ramp for him until he was able to walk properly. When Naruto was brought inside he would've cried. Everyone was there and balloons where everywhere. 'Welcome home Naruto!' Was hung across the threshold before entering the living-room. Chou brusted into tears wailing as he ran to Naruto hugging onto his legs. Everyone laughed at the display. Naruto did his best to hug him back since he didn't want to reopen his stitches the last time he gave Chou a hug.

Gaara moved forward and gave Naruto a very light hug and the blonde returned it knowing the other had been scared to death. After all there was a lot a person to go through but Gaara didn't want to loose him. They had a brotherly bond and Naruto knew this. "I wanted to kill the pink thing." He muttered causing Naruto to chuckle. "We all did." Neji cut in crossing his arms over his chest.

"Where's Itachi?" Naruto asked looking around. "Daddy went to get mommy's gift." Chou said sniffling as he was placed in his lap carefully. "What did daddy get me?" Naruto probed the young boy causing the others to shake there heads. "Can't you wait? You always have to know." Shikamaru chimed in. "If I could I would throw my shoe at you." Naruto stuck his tongue out at him. Instead of Naruto's shoe a small shoe went flying across the room falling short in front of Shikamaru. His eyes narrowed at the mini boy who looked pretty happy but guilty at the same time. Was that even possible?

As everyone hugged Naruto the best they could Itachi finally showed up. He knew it was going over board but he never wanted to feel helpless again and he wanted to make sure Naruto and Chou were protected at all times. He had Sasuke come out and help him with everything and even he had to comment on how crazy he was. But he understood.

"Naruto." Itachi walked in seeing his lover. His heart swelled and he moved to him quickly capturing his lips. Chou made a 'ew' sound causing the two to break apart laughing lightly. "I'm happy you're home now." He nuzzled into Naruto's cheek playfully causing the blonde to tug at the Uchiha's hair. "What's my surprise?" He asked grinning and Itachi chuckled. "Well...more like surprises." Sasuke walked in or attempted too before three puppies jumped out of his arms and ran around the living. Chou had leaped out of Naruto's lap before chasing them around. Everyone freaked out first unaware where to step. "One bit me. The other licked me and I know one pissed on me." Sasuke justified himself since he couldn't hold onto them all.