Chapter 1: Le Début

(This chapter is really much better with this song playing. I just love it so much:)

Song: Rest of my life-Hans Zimmer

The air was calm and cool. The wind blew gently on the fields of grass in the valley. The sky was a mix of blues, pinks, and oranges as the sun was setting. A perfect sunset with no clouds in view. There in the field, laid up against a great oak tree, was Sebastian and Lyra. Lyra sitting upright against the tree, Sebastian laying his back against her chest as she held him in perfect bliss. A perfect moment.

"I could get used to this every day you know." Sebastian said softly, intertwining his fingers with hers. "Every sunrise and sunset, laying right here with you. I couldn't possibly think of anything better."

Lyra blushed, gently squeezing Sebastian's hands. "I could to. Waking up next to you every morning, and going to sleep with you every night. A perfect day, everyday." She then placed a kiss on the back of his head, his dark, messy oak hair getting in her face. She kept the kiss in place for a few seconds, so it was clear of her intentions by it. Sebastian slowly got up and sat in front of her, still hands entwined.

"I love you, Lyra Groomhilda." Sebastian said softly, before placing a kiss upon her hands.

Lyra's cheeks now flushing with red, she pulled herself closer to him, now in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her, so their bodies were pressed against each other.

"I Love you, Sebastian Sallow." Lyra spoke softly, placing her hand upon his cheek, meeting eyes with him.

With that, Sebastian smiled softly, gently tucked a few strands of her snow white hair behind her ear, and placed a kiss upon her lips. She kissed back, fully embracing him. They shared their affection towards each other for a few seconds before coming back up for air. Sebastian wrapped his arm around her and Lyra placed her head on his shoulder. They watched as the sun was at its final gleam as it disappeared into the night.

"Can you believe it's our final year at Hogwarts?" Sebastian exclaimed. " Seven years in the blink of an eye. And I can say the last 2 have been the most eventful, but I wouldn't trade it for anything." He said, planting a kiss on her forehead.

Lyra smiled, sighing as she looked out at Hogwarts from the fields they lay in. They had all already moved back into the castle as it was their first night back. "Even though it's only been two years for me, I can confidently say mine have been just as eventful." she chucked. Her first year dealing with Ranrok, Rockwood, and Harlow, plus her schoolwork. She still wasn't sure how she did it. Her second year was only full of what any teenager feared. Normal school. Going to classes, doing homework, no goblins to fight or ancient quests to go on. Things were hard adjusting to her sixth year. But now it was her final year. Part of her was happy she would finally be free of the long essays and assignments. Part of her was also sad to leave. She was a part of this place whether she wanted it or not. She had a magical connection to the very magic that built the grounds itself. She felt like it was the end of something. But with all endings, comes a new beginning. And that drove her.

"I just hope this year doesn't go by too quickly. As eventful as it may be, I want to make the most of it with you. This year will go down as one of the best years for us. I know it" Sebastian said happily. A good year is exactly what everyone needed. A good way to end their time at Hogwarts. "And you know what will start it off? The eclipse!"

"The eclipse?" Lyra said, looking a bit puzzled.

"Yeah! Next week the moon is suppose to be perfectly aligned in front of the sun, casting a huge shadow on the lands. Will be quite the site to see. Next to you of course." He winked.

Lyra chuckled. "Very exciting. I've read about those actually! Solar eclipses hold very potent magic and can sometimes be harnessed. They even have the power to drop the vale between our world and the shadow world."

"Shadow world? Sounds a bit grim. I know some weird happenings tends to happen leading up to it. Just need to be careful when we watch it from the best view possible." He said as he smirked.

Lyra looked at Sebastian with even more excitement. "They canceled class?"

Sebastian smiled. "They have in fact. Ominus is already on board, so we just need to ask the girls."

Lyra let out a soft, excited squeal. "This will most definitely be the best start to the year."

A cold chill blew through the air as dark storm clouds appeared in the distance and cracks of thunder could be heard.

"Looks like that's our queue to exit." Lyra said, pouting. She and Sebastian got up from their positions and gathered their things. As soon as they did, Sebastian took Lyras hand and he apparated them both back to the North Gate leading to the courtyard. They both walked back towards the doors as the thunder grew louder. They both looked back at the storm clouds, and in the clouds green flashes of lightning emerged faintly.

"Green lightning?" Sebastian said in full confusion. "Is that even possible?" He said, stepping closer to her, gently taking her hand to lead her inside.

"I'm not sure. I have a weird feeling, but I'm not sure if it's good, or bad. And that is what makes me nervous." Lyra said with a hint of worry. Taking one last look at the green lightning, the two stepped indoors.