Chapter 8: The Eclipse

(Disclaimer: THIS CHAPTER IS LONG but I felt a lot needed to be unpacked here. ENJOY!!!!) 

Cinders and ash fell from the sky. Ruins upon ruins stretched from the vast lands of the Hogwarts grounds. Lyra stared at the wreckage, teary eyed as she was powerless to fight the evil that had laid waste to the lands. In the distance, among some bushes that laid outside the forbidden forest, she saw a set of glowing green eyes watching her. She was frozen in her tracks. A deep laugh started to boom throughout the sky, growing louder and louder. The glowing eyes then turned their gaze to her friends, lying dead on the ground. She met the same gaze, screaming uncontrollably. Seeing her dead friends lying there, her lover. A shadowy figure arose from the body pile slowly as if it was reaching out for air. It looked over at Lyra for a few seconds, then it darted in her direction. There was something strange about the figure, its desire to get to Lyra as quickly as possible, for what though? As soon as the shadowy figure was directly in front of her face, she found herself hitting her head against the top bunk of her bed. She rubbed her forehead, grinding her teeth together in frustration.

"Bad dream?" One of the Slytherin girls snickered.

"Eclipse jitters?" Another girl said, laughing.

Lyra rolled her eyes and got out of bed. Today was the day. The day of the eclipse. She was a nervous wreck on the days leading up to it. She was even more nervous to use her powers, seeing as she almost hurt Sebastian two nights prior. But, she had to remember what it was for. To save whoever was being held against their will. She had so many questions. She had never met another soul, alive that is, with the same bloodborne ability to wield ancient magic. This could possibly be one of the very first students to have it, aside from some of the old Hogwarts staff. It was all exciting and terrifying at the same time. Lyra was all for it. She grabbed a shopping bag she had acquired yesterday with her friends in Hogsmeade. They spent almost the whole day in Hogsmeade, shopping for outfits and getting into fun. With all that was going on, they couldn't forget their everyday lives either. They all decided they would meet at Lyras room of requirement that morning to all get ready for the Eclipse Festival together. With haste, she made her way to the heart of the common room to find her two favorite Slytherins waiting for her by the fireplace, bags in their hands as well. The three of them made their way to the room of requirement. As they arrived they found Poopy and Natty had made it first, looking tired.

"So, todays the day." Poppy said with slight excitement as she still had her doubts about the day.

"Anyone else get no sleep?" Sebastian yawned a bit as he eyed his peers, all looking exhausted. They all nodded in unison.

"I know today will be a bit nerve wracking but let's just try to have fun at the festival first and foremost? First site of anything we pounce." Lyra expressed as she gathered her friends close for a hug, assuring them that she would protect them and vice versa. As they let the hug go, Lyra stepped towards the wall. A door started to build itself in place of the wall.

"Every time I see it, it seems to look more spectacular." Sebastian chuckled.

The group gathered inside and began to get ready for the Eclipse Festival.

After about an hour of dressing and prepping, they were finally ready. Their outfits all collided with their respective houses, but had something unique about it that made them all clash. That was the enchanted stitchings for each one so it was a perfect fit, but each outfit had something unique in its own way. With Nattys outfit, she wore a festive warrior esc dress with black leather boots. The color of the dress was a deep red with flecks of gold spread all over. Black stitchings made a popular appearance in this outfit as there was a floral design stitched all round the dress, and a golden G in its center. She had subtle shoulder pads to not draw attention from the outfit or to go to extreme. She had her hair cornrowed and had crimson and gold colored extensions added to her ends to give her more length. Her unique item was a flowy, golden arm cape that when it flowed through the wind, specks of gold dust would brush off, trailing behind her. For Poppys, her outfit was more princess esc. She wore a yellow crop top with black stitchings along the ends with a badger stitched in the middle, an ankle length flowy yellow skirt with black stars scattered across the skirt. Around her waist was a gold chain that fit her perfectly, and black sandals that had straps that wrapped up her thigh. She absolutely was a princess, especially with her hair now more back length and wavy, everything about the outfit screamed princess. Her unique was a golden flower crown that was imbued with three pink heart shaped crystals and had pink carnations all round the crown. Its uniqueness was that even though the petals flew off the flowers, brand new petals grew back in its place. As for our Slytherins, their colors were the same, but all wore different styles. Ominus wore a dark green leather tunic that looked to be fashioned from the 17th century with silver stitchings in a serpent esc design, sleeveless, black leather pants and black silver toed boots. For Sebastian, he wore a black mid crop top that he intentionally singed the edges to give it that edgy look, a sleeveless black robe, medium and dark green shaded patchwork pants that fitted his legs, and black laced boots. And with Lyra, she wore a mid thigh black skinny dress with an ankle length train flowing behind her, black fading to a jade green at the ends. The upper portion of the dress was a black corset with green stitchings, she wore a black choker with a mini snake skull with wings as the pendent. The train exposed her legs so she could walk without having to move it every time she walked. She wore the same kind of sandals Poppy wore. Her hair was in a high pony, leaving out some face framing bits. Their unique items were quite extraordinary. They all wore golden bracelets on both wrists that were also enchanted to slither like snakes. The wearer would not feel this though, which made it wearable.