Chapter 2: Stealthy Slytherins

Silence crept throughout the dark halls. Everyone was already asleep for the night which was convenient for Lyra and Sebastian. The only people they had to worry about were the prefects. But they were easy to avoid, as they've had their fair share in sneaking around prefects after hours.

"Seems like old times." Sebastian whispered as they made their way through the castle. They used the disillusionment charm to keep them hidden from seeing eyes, but had to be careful. Even though they weren't noticeable, a slight whisper of light could be seen with too much movement.

"Only this time I'm not chasing after some ancient magical relic." Lyra softly chucked.

"And this time, I'm not wasting my time trying to chase after a colorfully insane ghost that can move through walls." He chuckled. "I mean it was common sense I wouldn't catch him. But getting in trouble for you was well worth it." He said, quickly kissing her cheek as they turned a corner and found themselves in Central Hall. They made their way to the dungeons entrance and took away the disillusionment charm. It was convenient that they were in the same house. No extra walking for them.

"So, that green lightning. That was something." Sebastian said as they walked down the dungeon stairs carefully to not make too much noise.

"Do you think it could be ancient magic related?"

Lyra paused their walking for a moment, thinking about his question. When she saw the lightning, a feeling started to rise up in her. It was definitely magical, but she wasn't sure if it was ancient magic. Since she concealed the ancient magic in the repository, she hasn't seen any other traces throughout the lands. And those clouds had no traces at all.

"No. I don't think so. But I don't think this should be let go of." She said as they made their way to the entrance to the common room. The second they stepped closer to the stone wall, a silver snake crept up the wall, revealing the door to the Slytherin Common room. "Should we look into it?"

Sebastian thought for a moment and smiled. "I say we should. Last year was so uneventful. Lets just hope it doesn't get too eventful though.' He chuckled nervously.

"It won't come to that. I'm sure it's nothing like that." Lyra said, stepping closer to Sebastian, placing her hand on his cheek to make sure all emotions of stress or fear are quelled. "I promise if it seems like it comes close to that, we will stop. We are going to try to make this year one of the best. I love you, Sebastian Sallow."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in close. "And I love you, Lyra Groomhilda." He said softly before placing a soft kiss upon her lips. They stayed there for a few seconds before they heard footsteps coming from the bottom of the stairs. They quickly casted the illusionment charm and pressed up against the wall, making no sudden movements. When the steps reached the top, they saw a wand pop out of the darkness, glowing a faint red.

"Glad to know you two in one piece. And having quite a good time it seems where people walk from day to day." The familiar voice said softly but with a sense of sarcasm.

"You really know how to scare people, you know that Ominis?" Sebastian said as both him and Lyra took down the disillusionment charm. Ominis was very good at sneaking up on people. Being blind, it helped him work his way up in being able to maneuver himself around with the use of his wand, effortlessly, and when he wanted to, silently.

"It's a gift I choose to use on a day to day basis. I do have a reputation to uphold, even when it is my last year." Ominous said as he yawned and scratched his head. "Well goodnight you two." And with that he walked back down the steps as silent as ever, not even hearing if he made it down.

"I'm still not sure how he does that." Lyra giggled quietly, hugging Sebastian. "I love you. Have sweet dreams and do not worry alright?" She said, pulling away a bit to look into his eyes.

"I love you too. And I won't. For all we know it could just be green lightning and nothing else to it. Speaking of, how will we even know if it is magical? It isn't exactly ideal to fly during a storm. We could get struck down in an instant." He said with a hint of defeat.

"I'm not sure. It is magical, but the sort is unclear. But maybe we could enlist the help of our amazing and talented friends? We never really all worked together. And having my own personal experiences with you all individually, I can confidently say the five of us would make an outstanding team!" She said with a flash of excitement in her eyes. Sebastian loved seeing this side of her. This excited, adventurous side of her. Even when he enlisted her help on finding the tryptic. It was all in vain in the end, but the adventures they went on, aside from their last venture in the Feldcroft Catacomb, made him feel as alive as he's ever been.

"This year is going to be something else. I can feel it." He said, giving her one last hug. "Sweet dreams, princess. I love you."

"I love you too." She said smiling as they kissed and parted ways. As Lyra made her way to her dorm room door, she blinked and suddenly saw flashes of green light. A vision. She saw a thin silver crown with three green emeralds in place, a solar eclipse, a pool of snakes in what seemed to be an oasis, and a giant stone face. The giant stone face's mouth slowly began to open when the vision ceased and she had her sense of reality back intact. She blinked a few times to make sure it wouldn't happen again. With that, she quietly snuck into her room, changed into her night wear, and crept into bed. All she could think about was what she had just seen, trying to make sense of it.

"This will definitely be an eventful year."