Chapter 5: Chambre Cachée

"I still can't believe how quiet these halls are." Poppy said as the group walked the halls of Hogwarts, making their way to the slytherin dungeons. When they finally made their way to the common room entrance Lyra halted them. She looked to make sure there were no prying eyes around, then over at Sebastian and Ominus. "Are you both ok?" She asked, concerned for their sake. She knew this was the last place they'd want to be.

"We're ok." Ominus said, placing one hand on Sebastian's shoulder, assuring him that his best friend was there for him. Sebastian placed his hand upon Ominus's and smiled, then looked towards Lyra. "Let's do it." And with that, Lyra opened the entrance and they all went in, the wall closing back into place behind them. In the scriptorium were books upon books. An abandoned study that belonged to the great Salazar Slytherin himself. They had not stepped foot in the hidden room since their last journey, since that horrible, last journey.

"Ok, we know why we're here. Let's spread out and see what we can find out?" Lyra asked as she made her way towards a desk in between two staircases going down. She sat down on the chair and started rummaging through the papers and books. The others scattered doing the same. Flipping through books, going through old boxes. Lumos made a popular appearance as the chamber was dimly lit. Made sense as Slytherin itself was surrounded by darkness. As Natty searched on the lower levels she heard a faint cry from the other side of the wall. Concerning her, she pressed her ear up against the wall to try and get a better make of the noise. It cried out again, a bit louder this time.

"You guys! I hear something! There, there's a faint scream on the other side of this wall!" Natty said in a panic. The group rushed over to see what was going on. Poppy walked over to Natty to hear it for herself. "What is that?" Poppy asked, starting to shake.

Lyra looked at Sebastian for a moment and then at her friends. "That would most likely be the other door to the scriptorium. The traps must have set themselves back up again." She said as she walked back up the stairs, trying to avoid telling how it was they got in. Some things were best kept secret. "It doesn't matter. We have an easier way to get in. Everything is ok." She said as she looked down at the two girls and smiled at them, trying to assure them that they're ok. The girls calmed down and as they did, the screaming lowered in volume until it was silent in the chamber once again.

"I think I may have found something." Sebastian said grimmly. He had placed a big book on the desk. It had the same ancient magic symbol as did the book she found in the restricted section, but this book was darker. Its entirety was a jade green and the stitchings were a cool silver. "No doubt it belonged to Salazar Slytherin." Lyra said confidently. "But, this means he must have had some experience with ancient magic."

The group all shared a look of confusion but worry as well. Even though the group knew about ancient magic, having to wield it had a much bigger impact than they realized. The power to alter reality at her fingertips, the power screaming to break out. It was almost a burden to her. One she wouldn't place on anyone. And now knowing that one of the most evil men in the Wizarding World possibly wielded this power, scared her. But she needed to know more. She hesitantly opened the book and flipped through the pages. Illustrations of Hogwarts were shown on many occasions, the same ancient magic symbol appearing to. "I think ancient magic was used to make Hogwarts." Lyra said, showing the group the illustrations.

"I feel this is something we already know." Ominous said with a hint of annoyance. "The four founders were the ones who built this school, so it's safe to say they did wield it."

"Maybe it's a power passed down?" asked Poppy

"Unlikely." Sebastian snickered. Then realizing how he reacted he looked at Ominus quickly, seeing the angry expression that rested upon it. Lyra shook her head and rested her head in her hand.