Chapter 6: Divine

A week went by since her vision and not a single one has popped up. She figured it was due to her concentration on practicing her wand work with her friends. They trained every night after hours in the Underctoft. After their last venture in the scriptorium, they were well convinced that whatever was coming, they would be ready.

"Ouch! Good one, Poppy!" Natty exclaimed, getting up from being blown back by a depulso cast. Natty moved a few steps to get her balance back. "Confringo!" Natty casted past Poppy, hoping to distract her. In turn, Poppy casted levioso and then expelliarmis, leaving Poppy the winner.

"And that's why you should never be too confident." Poppy said giggling as she walked over towards Natty, giving her wand back with a smile. Natty smiled back and took her wand.

"Now, you two!" Natty said, looking towards Lyra and Sebastian.

They both took the floor as the others watched from the pensive.

They took their wands out, walked towards each other and bowed.

Sebastian looked into her eyes for a moment and smirked. "Scared, gorgeous?"

Lyra snickered. "You wish, darling."

They both walked a few paces back and stared intently at each other.

A brief silence filled the room.

"Have they stopped breathing?" Ominous asked snickering a bit.

"ACCIO!" Lyra exclaimed, pointing her wand towards Sebastian.

"Protego!" Sebastian shielded himself for a moment, then rolled over on his back, blocking the other oncoming spells.

"Depulso! Confringo!" Lyra kept chanting.

"Bombarda!" Sebastian threw.

Lyra dodged the spell and looked at the now destroyed boxes behind her, then back at Sebastian.

He laughed nervously as he backed away slowly. Lyra huffed and got up, casting levioso his way. He floated in the air for a few moments. "Accio!" She casted at him again, bringing him closer to her. "Incendio!" She casted, sending him flying back a bit, with few flames catching his clothing.

"Aguamenti!" Sebastian casted on himself. "Someones a bit hot-tempered." He snickered.

"We'll see." She muttered to herself. "Petrificus totalus!"

"Expelliarmis!" Sebastian yelled.

Both spells clashed together, two beams colliding against each other, trying to fight for control. Sebastian kept his ground, keeping the spell focused. Lyra did the same. The purple orb the two spells have created, the center of the beam battle. Little spurts of lightning reached out of the orb, sending objects flying around the room.

"Ok you two, I think that was a very good duel!" Poppy said trying to intervene.

The two ignored Poppies request and kept the battle going. She looked back at Natty and Ominus. "What do we do? Her ancient magic could kick out!"

Ominous got up and pulled his wand out. "IMOBULUS!" He casted at the heart of the orb, ending the beam battle and freezing Lyra and Sebastian in their spots. "If you two are quite done." He said giving them both stern looks.

"Oh, what's the harm? The eclipse is in two days. You yourself said we needed more practice Poppy." Sebastian chuckled.

Lyra smirked at Sebastian. She was glad that she at least had one person who shared her love for thrill.

"Yes we know that, but we don't need a broken Undercroft now do we?" He said as he waved his wand, releasing the two Slytherins.

"I guess you have a point." Sebastian said as he brushed some debris off his sweater.