Chapter | Greiving Over A Tragic Loss | One

Fems POV:

I heard a knock at the door and checked to see Khan standing there, Uzi at his left side with Doll holding Uzi's hand. Khan had oil on his hands, which widened my eyes in surprise. Quickly, I grabbed Doll's spare hand and pulled her into my house. Khan let go of Uzi's hand, and Doll pulled Uzi in with her. "Uzi, Doll, go to your rooms," I said. Khan stood there awkwardly.

"What the hell happened?" I asked. Khan wiped the oil off his hands onto his pants. "Nori... She... The Disassembly Drones got to her with that... Nanite acid. I... I had to free her from her suffering," Khan said. Looking at his trembling hands. I looked at him in horror. "Nori is... Dead?" I asked. He nodded. I watched as digital tears dripped down from his face.

Looking down, I saw oil on the wrench in his hand. "Oh god... Nori..." I ran my hands through my hair, gripping it and pulling it. "What about Yeva and Triss? They live right next to you," I said. He shook his head. "Yeva and Triss are dead as well," he said. "Can... Can you watch them? I... I need to grieve," he said, clamping his hands on his pants. I nodded.

"Of course. I'll keep them as long as I can," I said. He hummed and walked away. I sighed, closing the door. I walked towards Uzi's room, opening the door and walking in. "Uzi, honey. Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. Uzi nodded. I sat on her bed, letting her curl under my arm, leaning on me and sobbing. I rubbed her shoulder. "Can you tell me what happened?" I asked.

"This girl with pigtails, she... She attacked mommy. She had gotten in through the vents somehow. Mommy yelled at daddy to get me to safety. He nodded and ran next door to warn Auntie Yeva and Uncle Triss. But we found Doll next to them crying. Daddy got Doll to come with us and we got here," Uzi explained. "How long are we staying here?" Uzi asked.

I wiped the oil off her chin. "As long as I can keep you," I said. Uzi nodded and hugged me. I hugged back, rubbing her back. "I have to talk to Doll; I'll be back with her," I said. Uzi let go of me. I got up, walking out of her room, letting the door shut behind me. I opened Doll's door, walking in and closing the door. "Doll, honey. Can we talk?" I asked. Doll nodded.

"Yeah," she said. I walked toward her bed, sitting down on it. Doll leaned towards me, putting her head on my shoulder. "Can you tell me what happened with your parents?" I asked. "A girl broke in; she attacked Dad in the living room. Mom made me hide in the food closet. She got in the kitchen and attacked Mom. She... Started to eat her insides, her servos," Doll said.

I hummed, rubbing her shoulder. "Can you describe the girl?" I asked. "She had short grey and white hair; she had yellow balls on her head. She also wore a black crop jacket with a grey shirt underneath," she explained. I nodded. "Okay, now." I start. "Do you want to sleep in Uzi's room with her or stay in here?" I asked. "With Uzi," Doll said. I nodded.

I stood up, and Doll got off the bed, grabbing her plushy that Yeva had made her. I opened the door, letting her walk out, and closed the door behind me. I walked to Uzi's door and opened it; Doll walked in, and I followed. "Uzi, I hope you don't mind. Doll wants to stay with you," I said. Uzi shrugged. "It's fine," she said. She got off her bed and made a spot for Doll.

Doll climbed in, and then Uzi climbed in. I walked towards them, giving them a few kisses on the forehead. "Good night, you two," I said. "Night," they said at the same time. I opened the door, walking out and closing the door behind me. Tears pricked at my eyes, but I ignored them, taking a deep breath before walking towards my room.

I opened my door and walked in, closing it behind me. I looked around the room, seeing it was a mess, with oil stained into the carpet and drone bodies everywhere. I sighed and locked my room. I turned off my light, and turned on my lamp next to my bed. I climbed into bed and plugged in the cord. I laided down, and I let my systems shut off, letting my vision turn to black.