27 | Coffee

(2/2)

Winter

Winter

"A coffee shop?"

I had my arms crossed over my chest as I stared at the building Harry had taken me to.

"Yeah." he shrugged. "It's a Bistro."

After being so persistent that I went with him, I stopped asking questions and got in his car, this was where he'd taken me.

Neither of us had muttered a word to each other in the car. I wasn't exactly sure what to talk about with him, especially since I didn't know where we were going at all. The only thing we talked about was him asking me a million questions and me refusing to answer any of them. I wasn't about to do that for an entire car journey. So silence it was instead.

He'd parked on the street and we both got out, still in complete silence. There was still no indication of where we were going, so I waited until he was around the passenger side of the car so I could follow him to the destination.

That destination ended up being the coffee shop cafe thing we were currently standing outside of. I'd passed it a few times in my life but had never gone inside or really paid too much attention to it.

"Why are we here?" I glanced at him. He was about to go inside but stopped and turned to face me when he realised I had stopped following hip and wasn't going inside.

"To get food. And coffee." He furrowed his brows, confused by my question. "Obviously."

"Okay, I got that part." I knew that was obvious, but we both knew that wasn't what I meant by that. "But why? Why did you take me here?"

Harry had opened the door and was waiting for me to go inside. He motioned between me and the door with his hand, giving me an impatient look. "Are you gonna keep asking questions or are you going to go inside?"

"I'm going to keep asking questions."

"Okay." He huffed, shrugging, completely unbothered. "Have fun."

Harry disappeared inside the cafe and closed the door behind him, leaving me standing outside on the street. Through the window, I saw him speak to a waiter, who grabbed a menu and began to direct Harry towards a table in the back.

I took one very long breath. It was something I always had to do, take a long breath around him to keep myself calm and composed.

After glancing through the window one more time, seeing Harry sitting back on his chair with one ankle resting on his opposite knee comfortably, and then looking at the street. I knew the way back to my flat, it wasn't that far and I could just leave, he wasn't forcing me to go inside with him. It actually seemed like he couldn't really care even though he'd been insistent earlier.

"For fuck's sake." I mumbled under my breath, and then pushed open the door to the cafe.

The cafe was small and smelled strongly of coffee beans and freshly brewed tea. I didn't let myself enjoy it, I was too stubborn to appreciate that it was actually nice in here. It was the kind of place I would go to relax since it was so small and quiet, I felt I could be invisible in here.