8 | Innocent

(Update 4/4)

Winter

I stared at him for a few moments, trying to plan what I was about to do and say. The last time I saw him he shot me and I stabbed him, I couldn't really see this interaction going too well. Out of all the people I could have run into tonight, he was truly the last person I wanted to see, the one person in the world I couldn't run into when there was going to be a dead body found soon. With all the evidence he already seemed to have against me, this whole night could go downhill for me very quickly.

I swallowed, staring at him with a flat expression. My hands were behind my back, I didn't show him any sign of nerves. I wasn't nervous, I knew I could get away from him if I wanted to. I had done it before and would do it again.

So with a grin, I greeted him. "Harry."

The smirk on his face slowly became a grin, a dark grin that caused dimples to appear on both sides of his face. He still looked amused, carefully running his eyes all the way up and down my body before he met my gaze again. "Winter,"

And that was all our interaction had to be. I didn't need to stay and chat, I didn't have anything to say to him. So I turned on my heels until my back was to him and began to make my way down the corridor. I would have to be back to play in the orchestra pretty soon anyway. I wanted to get back.

I had only taken a few steps away when Harry appeared beside me, walking while looking down at me next to him. He walked confidently, like he knew in his head he had some sort of upper hand between us. I was surprised to see him so arrogant around me when I had tricked him and stabbed him only last week. It definitely hurt his ego to see me slip away so easily when he fell soft for a second.

"What's the rush to get away from me?" He questioned, walking so closely beside me that his arm brushed against mine. I knew he was trying to make me feel inferior, his eyes were on me as I walked, I paid no attention to him.

"I have things to do." was my reply, and it wasn't a lie. I did have to get back to the dinner hall to play.

"Hmm, really?" he hummed, amusement laced in his dark tone. "Like what?"

I kept my eyes ahead of me, already beginning to plan what I could do to get away if I needed to. I didn't really have time to kill him right now, I wasn't armed with anything. It would be a hassle and I would be late back. "Why do you want to know?"

"What brings you here tonight?" he asked me, still staring down at me, trying to catch me out. He had already made up his mind why I was here, and while he was right, I didn't want to give him that satisfaction, not yet. I had to remember he was an agent trained to fight, he was waiting to catch me, even though I knew he didn't have any sort of proof against me right now, I wanted tonight to be quick and easy so I had to be less reckless with him here.