IX

Paige's POV:

I stand there with the rest of my team in shock. Earlier KK and Ashlyn saw Lucy and she looked to be sneaking out into her own garden which looked kinda strange. Like she was hiding something. They came to my room to ask me what she was doing thinking that I would know but she's been a bit off with me every time we were around each other after I kind of confessed my feelings. Not exactly I told her I liked someone I just didn't tell her that it was her. How could I? She was so gorgeous it hurt. If I got rejected by her I don't know what I would do with myself. 

Anyways enough of my thoughts getting the better of me. I didn't know where she was going so we followed where they said she went and turned the corner behind the hedges to see Lucy, her dad and her two brothers playing basketball. Wait what! Lucy could play? She was surprisingly not bad at it considering I have never seen her even touch a ball the whole time she has been at UConn. Actually, that was an understatement she was like amazing. I didn't even know she could play like that. She was doing layup after layup and kept on getting every three that she's through. I've never seen someone grace the court that smoothly that I didn't know about. And to be honest, I've never been so attracted to someone in my life.

I tell everyone on the team on the group chat to come down to the court that Lucy had shown us earlier on today as it was an emergency. As we were crowded round entrance her dad winked at us all and went for a layup which Lucy blocked with ease. You know this kinda explains how she's so tall. It was only then that she realised we had all been standing there watching her play the only word that came out of her mouth was "shit."

She generally looked so scared and I was confused to why? She was such a good player. Why would she hide from us? from Gino?

I had a feeling that she was hiding much more than this from me and to be honest it made me question if I had fallen for the girl that I thought was Lucy or not. I was so intrigued so invested that I needed to know more. I had to know more.

Then suddenly I had a great idea just to test out how good she actually was. I rounded up all the girls and put them into teams with me on one team and Lucy on the other. I was going to go to guard her the whole game. Test out how good she was because from how she was just playing we could really use some with that skill on our team less season if we want to win the big competition and the March madness tournament.

She kept me on my toes the whole game. Her and Nika linked up so nicely and I couldn't determine her next move. Her dad and brothers where looking so amusingly at the scene probably from her pretty much showing the whole of the team up with her skill. She knew just how to put people into space to shoot, her dribbling was precise and controlled and she didn't miss a single shot. 

The game had finished with Lucy's team winning by 20 points and we all started to head back to our rooms to get ready for our movie night. I was going to talk to her about this whole thing and what else she was hiding. However she hung back to talk to her dad and brothers so I was going to talk to her about stuff later.

Lucy's POV:

I get back to my room to process what had just happened. Sure I had loads of fun but what would the girls think of me now. They probably think I am keeping loads of secrets from them. I really don't mean too it's just I really don't like opening up to people it just cringes me out and I feel really uncomfortable.

I get back to my room and have a shower before picking out my pyjamas for tonight. I still had about half an hour before the time the girl said to meet down in the movie room so I decided to go to our pantry to grab some snacks for us all. I go to open my door to see a blond looking directly at me, her hand high as if she was about to knock. "oh hey Paige, you wanna grab some snacks with me." I said after breaking the silence as I realised we had just been staring at each other. "um yeah sure." she said as she followed my downstairs into the pantry.

We started to search for snacks that everyone would like before Paige spoke again. "Lucy, why would you hide all of this from us. Your absolutely amazing at basketball. Could of let us know that. And that your father is one of the best English players in the game. Next thing we know your house is absolutely massive what else are you hiding from me. I know you are hiding more. Ever since that night in Croatia you've been acting different around me and I really don't like it Lucy. Please just talk to me about things." 

She walks closer to me and I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. She was now only a couple of inches away from me and she tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear earing my checks to blush before her. Her voice turned into a slight whisper as she said "cause I want to know everything about you." My mind was absolutely racing. Did she mean that like I thought she did or just in a friend way. I could feel her warm breath hit my face as I took a step back. Her eyes slowly hit the floor as I could almost see the embarrassment hit her.

"Paige, the only reason I've been keeping things from you guys is just because people have used me in the past like really bad and I don't want it to happen again. I know you girls are absolutely amazing and would never but I just can't shake the fear that I'm just going to be left again. And..." I hesitated. Did I really want to confess my feelings to the girl I have liked for almost a year without know if she felt the same way. My mind was conflicted.

"Go on." She said gently. I took a deep breath before saying. "And the reason I have been off with you is. Well I really don't know how to put it." I pause for a moment to gather and order all the words I wanted to say to her. I could feel her eyes darting around my face while mine stay fixed on the ground fearful of meeting the ocean eyes. "I just. When you were confessing to me that you liked someone I just. I didn't know how to take it because, well because. Paige I really like you and I just wanted to give you some space because you like someone else and I didn't want to get in the way of that. Oh my God this sounds stupid I should never of said this please just ignore what I said I-"

My rant was cut off as I felt her warm soft lips touch mine. At first I'm in shock but soon enough I melt into the kiss. It felt like fireworks just exploded in my belly. Her hands are holding my face as mine find her waist pulling her in closer. Finally I have wanted this moment to happen ever since she walked through those glass doors into my medical room. We slowly pull away as we both laugh. 

"Who said you weren't the girl I was talking about." She said with a huge smile on her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ROMANCE IS STARTING GUYSSSS !!!!

thank you to you all for the supportive comments

love you allllll

guys its gonna get juicy from here on

enjoyyyy