SECOND CHAPTER

When we arrived at the laboratory, the automatic doors opened with a quiet swish, as if we were some ultramodern fortress. Everything was bright, and a metallic sheen covered most of the walls and floors. The faint scent of chemicals and antiseptics lingered in the air, signaling that this was a place where serious work was done.

Mom led me through the hallways, passing people in white lab coats and safety goggles. Most of them seemed focused on their tasks, walking briskly with documents or samples in hand. It felt like no one had time for idle conversation or relaxation. It was a typical laboratory, with a sense of urgency and concentration in the air.

When we reached Mom's office, the door was open, and a few people were already inside, all with serious expressions. But there was something different from the usual atmosphere I was used to. Everyone was staring toward the center of the room, where a large table was covered with a tarp. It looked like they had brought in something special.

As I walked in, I saw several technicians carefully carrying a large block of ice. It was transparent and reflected the bright laboratory lights. At first, I didn't understand what was happening, but as I moved closer, I was shocked to see a human body encased in the ice. It seemed unreal, almost like something from a movie or a dream.

"Everyone's excited," 

Mom said, but I could hear a hint of tension in her voice. 

"This is one of the most significant finds we've ever had."

 I couldn't take my eyes off the body in the ice. The man looked as if he had just been frozen, with his eyes closed and a nearly serene expression. His clothing was old-fashioned, something people might have worn in the early 20th century. I was utterly stunned. How could a body be so well preserved after all these years?

Mom was talking to the technicians, asking questions and taking notes, but I just stood there, unable to believe what I was seeing. All the theories about the Titanic and its history suddenly seemed real, like I was seeing a living snapshot from that era.

The room was filled with whispers and quiet exclamations as people discussed what to do with the body. Some were taking photos, others were collecting ice samples, but everyone was fascinated by the scene before them. I felt like an outsider, but my curiosity wouldn't let me look away.

"Do we have any preliminary data?" asked a scientist with a gray beard and a thick accent. He was obviously older and seemed to care about the details.

"Not yet. But it looks incredibly well-preserved. We need to determine the exact circumstances," Mom replied, flipping through documents.

Other scientists nodded as they examined the body in the ice. A woman with long hair tied in a ponytail moved closer, using a flashlight to illuminate parts of the ice.

"This is extraordinary," she said, "right where we expected the wreck to be at its deepest."

"This could change everything," added another scientist, wearing glasses and holding a large notepad. 

"If the body is this well-preserved, it means the environment at the bottom of the ocean hasn't changed significantly. This opens up possibilities for exploring other parts of the wreck and everything else that might be there."

I leaned against the wall, trying to be inconspicuous while I listened. Everyone was excited but also cautious. It was clear this discovery was something special, but it was also apparent that they weren't entirely sure what it meant. They examined the block of ice and discussed potential scenarios, but no one had all the answers.

As I listened, I felt the excitement growing in me. This wasn't just some old scientific discussion about ships or history. This was a real discovery, something that could open entirely new pathways in exploring the Titanic and everything connected to it.