Chapter 14: The Rumor Spreads

It was the day after Ba Nee's Eye treatment, and she was able to see fully. The other Starlight girls were having a fun time, when Jerrica came in, exhausted. So many distributions today.

"Mew!! Mew Mew Mew!"

Mew flew around Jerrica, a ball in hand, and tossed it to Jerrica.

"I'm sorry Mew," said Jerrica, "I had a rough day today. I just wanna sit down, and recharge my batteries."

However, Ba Nee and Terri heard this, and were confused. That after noon, they were in the backyard.

"What do you think Jerrica meant by recharging her batteries?" asked Terri.

"I don't know," said Ba Nee, "But, why would she even say that?"

"Hey," said Terri, "I once saw a movie about a robot. He had to recharge his batteries. Wait..... do you think?"

"Jerrica does disappear every now and then," said Ba Nee.

"She's also very smart," said Terri, "Almost like a.... robot!"

"Should we tell anyone?" asked Ba Nee.

"No," said Terri, "We should keep this to ourselves."

"Keep what to yourselves?"

"Who said that?" asked Ba Nee.

"Hey over here!! The weed!!"

Terri and Ba Nee looked down to see a weed with blonde hair, and pink sunglasses.

"You're a talking weed!!" said Terri.

"I'm a talking weed, and you're talking to me," said the weed, "Your point was?"

Terri giggled a bit.

"So come on," said the weed, "What is it that you're keeping to yourselves?"

"Well, we really can't tell you," said Ba Nee, "It's about Jerrica, and-"

"Listen, sprouts," said the weed, "Didn't your parents ever teach you to share?"

"We're foster girls," said Terri.

"Oh, well, did your caretakers teach you?" asked the weed.

"Yeah, bu-"

"Then share with me. I'm a good friend of Jessica."

"Jerrica," corrected Ba Nee.

Terri and Ba Nee leaned in close, and the former whispered, "Well, we learned something about Jerrica Brenton."

"Yeah?" asked the weed.

"Well," said Ba Nee, "We think that Jerrica."

"Uh huh."

"Is a robot."

"NO!!"

(Start at 5:40)