02

Dinner was always the same at the Hermes table.

Whether the camp was full or not, the Hermes table always had something going on. Curtesy of the Stoll Brothers. Both Connor and Travis Stoll were troublemakers through and through. Something was always happening near them, or they were trying to make something happen.

"Mythomagic? You need to put those cards down and focus on the real stuff." Poker was the supposed real stuff. The Stoll brothers took great pride in their poker abilities, so much so that they decided in convincing the new kid to indulge in it too.

Atlanta rolled her eyes. Poor Nico looked confused. With furrowed brows, the young boy was trying to keep up with everything the brothers were throwing at him. Turning her attention away, Atlanta made eye contact with Percy Jackson. He was sitting at Poseidon's table, once again alone.

Rolling her eyes, Atlanta turned away from the boy whose eyebrows raised at her gesture. Yeah, she still hated him.

Percy watched as the Stoll Brothers tried to convince Nico that poker was better than Mythomagic. Considering their father, Percy hoped Nico had no money to lose. Before he fully turned his head, he caught eyes with the girl from earlier.

Before he could make the slightest indication of acknowledgment, she rolled her eyes and turned away. Percy raised his eyebrows before rolling his eyes as well. No one has disliked him this much before (besides Clarisse, a few other demigods, a few gods, and some humans too).

He's never even held a conversation with the girl and yet she seemed to hate him. She was sitting at the Hermes table, so either she was unclaimed or a daughter of a minor god. She didn't seem like a daughter of Hermes so he crossed that one off immediately.

Hecate? Nike? He didn't know and he honestly couldn't guess. She was so cold and looked mean half the time. If he had another option he would have picked her being a daughter of Ares, but she clearly wasn't part of that cabin.

She was just so cold and rude.

Turning to the side, Percy continued to look around. The only table really having a good time seemed to be the Artemis table. The hunters ate and drank like one big happy family. Laughing and smiling, they were surely enjoying their dinner.

With Annabeth's disappearance, Chiron and Mr.D's reluctance for a quest, and the hunters, it all felt hopeless.

Nobody was making a plan.
Nobody was jumping up, ready to fight.

Nobody was doing anything.
Percy hated it.

If you asked Atlanta to choose between night and day, she wouldn't be able to. There was something so serene about the stars twinkling. Looking up and imagining the different planets, a different universe. Staring up at the night sky made Atlanta wish for more. Wish that she wasn't stuck at some stupid camp. Wish that she was normal.

The sunrise was no different. With its colors merging together, night turning to day. It was like the end of a horror movie, once the sun comes up, it's over. But, it wasn't over, and Atlanta was stuck at the same smelly camp with the same smelly campers.

The only good thing that came with camp, was probably the fighting. No matter the activity, the time, or the place, Camp Half-Blood always had room for a fight.

Whether it was racing chariots or sword play, there was always something to prepare the campers for battle.

Capture the Flag was the perfect way (and seemed to be the best way) for most campers to get out their frustrations. The only downside was when instead of fighting some annoying clumsy kid, the campers are forced to fight Hunters.