Chapter 2: Onwards the Hall

On the carriage ride towards the concert hall, Foster was accompanied by The Royal Composer, Peter, and The Prince, Frederick. Not a single word was uttered as they travelled, they only could hear the horse's canter and gallop as they went along the path. Moments passed by and inside the carriage Foster was writing something on his manuscript. The Royal Composer, Peter took a close look at the manuscript and saw the word "Horses" written at the top. 

Peter looked down and saw that the Composer was composing something. It is an unusual piece making use of large leaps at the staff on top and a steady patter at the staff at the bottom. Peter questioned quietly at the manuscript. His mind wondered "How could a Composer make a piece all about Horses? Is it because he is so bored that he is willing to write it?" His wondering continued. Little did Peter know that the Composer just wanted to write a piece all about horses in the German Lands. Foster, after all, has a gorgeous steed gifted to him when he was in Austria. They kept silent while travelling inside the carriage and the Composer continued to write.

The Composer keeps writing with passion to obtain and capture the essence of horses. The Music conveys the Horses running and galloping with majesty. The music leaps and descends in such elegance as the horses do. The Composer written in the whines as the music builds up to the point, atop the meadow where the horses frolic and rest to glance and to marvel at the scene atop that hill. Peter, as a fellow composer, can hear what was being written and is greatly astonished at the piece and couldn't help to notice that the music is very whimsical yet has the characteristic of the romantic music of the time. As the Composer finishes, the carriage has stopped for they have arrived at the Concert Hall.

All of them got off the carriage and Peter took this time to talk to Foster about the Manuscript he was writing. "Sir, may I ask why did you make a piece about horses?" Foster replied, "Horses are majestic and resilient creatures. Surely something worthy of expression as well. I mean look at this one!" He pets one horse that was pulling the carriage, "Isn't she gorgeous!" Frederick adds in to the conversation, "Truly majestic these steeds, these are almost as fine as the Horse that carried Frederick the Great at Mollwitz!" Frederick enthusiastically said to the group.

They entered the concert hall which was being prepared for the upcoming concert that will be held at the place in weeks time. As they entered, the musicians gathered as the whole building was being furnished and tidied up for the event. Foster was able to take a gander at the architecture and the size of the entire concert hall. He was enamoured and toured the place from the furthest row down to the first row. The stage down to the pit where the musicians play if the show is about operatic performances. But as they won't be performing an opera, the chairs are moved to the actual stage. He wandered as well in the booths above for the very extravagant aristocrats to watch the concert from above. He then moved towards the backstage of the concert hall. He saw how the mechanics are very much different from the places he has been as well as the arrangement of instruments are organised and well maintained.

Moments passed and came the time of the first rehearsal.

The First piece, with a Theme of Romance, lasted for some time as the composer gave notes and instructions for the performers of the piece. The Second piece, with a Theme of Dance, was quicker than the first, where the composer mainly advised the violas to perform well and to count properly to not disrupt the piece's integrity. The Third piece, with a Theme of Macabre, where the composer gave notes to the mimickers of the Skeleton, the Xylophone that gives the music thrill. The Fourth piece, with the Theme of Fanfare, dedicated to the Royals as a gesture of appreciation for letting him stay and performing in their Realm. 

Then Last but not Least, The Final Piece, The Piece that Started it all. The Infamous "Incoherent Piece." The performers can't fathom a piece such as this, one performer even got up and took a smoking break backstage. Either from exhaustion or just awe at the marvellous piece of Romantical Expression. No one had ever performed a piece this extreme in their years as a Performer for the Royals. The Royal Composer was moved by the piece as he sat down in the auditorium, listening to the music that caused him to stand up like he was taken to another world. The piece ended and the orchestra erupted in applause for the Music the Composer has Written. 

The Composer noticed that this "Incoherent Piece" can move others in different ways than he thought. Different reactions from intellectuals and from laymen alike. One sect causes chaos and destruction, on another sect the music causes Awe and Enlightenment. "Is this what Romantic Expression does for the different minds that came from different backgrounds?" The Composer asked himself as he ventilated after finishing the Rehearsal. The orchestra continued to applaud until the Composer calmed them down to give his Final Remarks. "In this piece I poured my heart felt emotions that night. I now hand the performance to you all and ask you all to give your emotions as well in this piece that has surely moved you like how this piece moved the City of Salzburg." All erupted in Cheers and Laughter as they part from the Concert hall. The Composer got off his podium and shook the hands of the Concertmaster thanking him for his Performance. 

The Royal Composer went up the Stage to Talk to the Composer.

"I have first heard about your performances in Royal Gossips and the Papers, But it can not be topped by what I have just heard today."

"Thank you for that!"

"No, no, no... Thank you — for that!"

The Royal Composer embraces the Composer by giving him a hug. The Prince then interrupted the two by joining in on the Hug.

"Say, is this rehearsal done now?" the Prince asked.

"Yes, I believe so." The Composer responds as they all break away from their embrace of each other.

"Alright then, Let's head onwards." The Prince said to all.

"Onwards where?" Says the Royal Composer

"Glad you asked." the Prince replies.

The trio got into the carriage and rode off towards a Café...