Chapter 6- Fat? I'm not FAT!

'Are we done for the day?' I collapsed on the ground extremely exhausted.

How big is this field? One lap feels like it's worth more than ten. And she made me do more than eight even after promising that we'd only do eight laps. Liar.

'Tired already Beth?' Clarissa asked. Somehow, don't ask me, she's still standing up and ready to do more laps while I can barely breath and am passed out on the field. I'm sweaty and huffing like an animal, my hair looks like a haystack with it sticking to my sweaty face and I'm pretty sure I smell worse than a pig. On the other Clarissa looks perfect as if she was only taking a walk through the park.

'Already? We did ten laps!' I screeched. 'I'm not doing any more! If you feel like running then go ahead and be my guest!'

She rolled her eyes. 'Fine we won't do any more. Change your clothes. We're leaving. I changed my mind, I'm hungry. Let's go and get food.'

When I hear 'food', I shot up immediately and grin. 'I'll be right back!'

I quickly walk away to the changing room before she can change her mind again. I swear to god that girl changes her mind every second. I wouldn't be surprised if she says that she wants to do ten more laps by the time I come out.

After changing back into my real clothes after a quick shower. I put Clarissa's clothes into her duffel bag and take it away with me. The least I can do for her is that I can clean them up. When I leave the changing room and walk back to where I left Clarissa I can see that she changed her clothes back to what she was wearing.

'How did you change up this time?' I asked.

'Used the boys changing room.' She shrugged.

'You used the Boys changing room?'

'Yes. It's not the first time I was there. And the last time I was there...well let's just say it was for far more enjoyable thing.' She smirked.

What? Far more enjoyable thing? What is she...oh god! I gagged.

'That's disgusting!'

Clarissa laughs and puts her hand over my shoulder. 'Girl if you do become a cheerleader you have to get used to it. Guys will be after you like dogs after a bone. Not to mention if all does go according to plan, you'll have Tyler. And let me tell you-'

'No! I don't want to hear it!' I cover my ears and shake my head. 'Absolutely not!'

Clarissa starts laughing again and leads me towards her car.

*~*~*~

'Welcome to 'Joey's' how may I help you?' An overly cheerful waitress asks as soon as we enter the restaurant.

'A table for two at first then we can order.' Clarissa smiles at her politely and I stare at her shocked. Where did this sudden change come up from? I mean you saw the way she was the entire time we were at the school! She was being a class A female dog!

'Of course. Follow me.' We follow her to a corner and she gestures towards a small table. 'Is this okay?' 

'Perfect. Thank you...' Clarissa trails off.

'Alice.' The overly enthusiastic waitress replies.

'Alice.' Clarissa smiles at her while I'm pretty sure my jaw is about to hit the ground.

'Here's the menu.' She hands Clarissa one and purposely ignores me. 'Just call me when you're ready to order.'

'Close your mouth. You look weird and extremely ugly.' Clarissa says as soon as Alice walks away. See? There is that mean girl!