Chapter 14- Chocolates

I felt refreshed as I woke up this morning. It seemed as if telling Rissa the truth really did help a lot since it felt as if I was no longer alone. I had someone who supported with me. A friend and no one could take that from me.

The dinner went on well. Rissa was polite with my father and that hag but if you paid close attention you could see the obvious clipped answers she gave. The way she eyed them as if being in their presence disgusted her made me realize what an amazing friend I have. She obviously dislikes Sapphire now but not as much as she dislikes them but that's okay. She gets me and I'm okay with that. This morning as I picked an outfit and got dressed, I took a deep breath and made my way towards the mirror.

I know it won't be so easy to get rid of my phobia but baby steps are the way to get rid of it. What happened to mom wasn't my fault and I need to accept it to be able to move forward. I slowly look at the mirror and noticed that...I don't look like my dad. Not anymore. My hair is a few shades lighter and they are a bit more curly rather than my usual waves. Using contacts totally changed my eye colour and that bit of makeup made me look different.

Smiling at that I quickly move away. Like I said baby steps. I make my way downstairs towards the dining room where they were having their usual family breakfast no doubt. And as usual have no wish to join them. Usually I had to bear with it just so I can get to school but now that I have my own ride there's no way in hell that I'm going to sit and eat with them when I can escape. So I walked downstairs and quickly made my way out of the house before they could stop me. But not before yelling out, "I'm leaving."  And quickly ran towards my car and drove away.

I called Rissa as soon as I started the car.

"Do I need to pick you up?" I asked.

"You do remember that I have my own car right?"

"I do but I'm currently high on the fact that I got a car with the money I saved instead of taking it from my father like that gold digging whore and her stupid daughter. This car is from my own earning sweetheart so get your ass out of your house and join me. We'll stop by Starbucks." I said knowing that the bribery of buying her her favorite latte would get her out of the house.

"Then you better note down the address."
*~*~*~
Turns out she lived close by the place I'm residing unwillingly for the while and as soon as I picked her up, a trip to Starbucks, paying for two croissants, two muffins and one frapuccino, Rissa had a sudden desire for it which was shocking as she never got anything thing other than her latte, not to mention we nearly had accident what with an idiotic girl walking right in front of my car when it wasn't even red light, that we finally-huge emphasis on that- reached the school.

"If this is what riding to school is gonna be with you," Rissa said as she swallowed the last piece of her blueberry muffin "then you can sure as hell pick me up any day and I won't even bat an eyelash. I'll probably even wake up earlier if you need."

"Keep on dreaming." I snorted. "This is just a one time thing Rissa, I'm not your morning breakfast from Starbucks credit card."

"Oh come on." She rolled her eyes and threw her right arm over my shoulder. "What kind of best friend are you if you can't even treat her to her favorite breakfast occasionally." She grinned at me.

"Occasionally Rissa. Not everyday."

"But I treated you with an extreme makeover now didn't I?" She winked. "Which reminds me, good job on picking the outfit for today. I totally forgot about it what with you laying all those secrets out in the open for me so when you called me I was nervous that maybe you'd pick something that you wore something like you had BC, which means Before Clarissa by the way, but you impressed me with your choice. I must say I'm extremely proud of you."