1. Too close still too far

𝐀𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐡𝐢'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It was a bright, warm morning. Stretching my arms, I searched for my phone, which was continuously ringing. I answered,
"Kya hai ?? "

" uth ja meri maa, aaj bhi soti rhegi ky !!! "

I frowned hearing, "Aaj aisa kya hai ???"

"U can't be serious, Aarohi !!! " Armaan literally shouted on the phone.
It took me a second or two to realise I looked at the calendar on my side table it was 23rd today, and Ruchi's family would come to meet and set the date for their engagement. Yeah, he was getting married.

I quickly got up and cleared my voice,
"Aree bhai mazak kar rhi hun obviously yaad hai aaj ky hai. And btw doesn't groom have any other work than to wake up his best friend. " I said, trying to cover up. On which he laughed and said,

"Ek hi toh family hai meri tu. Tujhe kaise bhul jau. Now quickly get ready and come to hospital we have our round duty today." And he cut the call
I felt a bit emotional hearing him. We both have known each other for about 20 years now. And we are literally together all the time.

Me and Armaan met when we were 4 yrs old. His parents passed away when he was 6, my parents bought him to our house he lived here for fifteen yrs. We are literally like siblings. He moved out four 4 years ago. My parents tried to convince him, but he said he wanted to be on his own and lead his life.

Moving through the corridors, I pass by his room. I miss him !!!

Coming down, I saw mumma was doing her puja, and Papa was making breakfast. I quickly climbed the chair across to the breakfast counter. I was about to grab the sandwich, my hand got slapped away, "areee papa..." I said whining. He said, " Go take bath first we have to do aarti also today together. Remember!!. "

Then it hit me today was Sunday. Of course, we had to do aarti together. We all three are working, here mom is HOD of her dept. Papa has to go to his office he owns silk factories. And I m a doctor, so the hospital is my second home. We meet very rarely in the morning, so we all came up with this idea to do aarti together every Sunday. Obviously, we can't eat before puja , we're a typical brahmin family with so much morals and culture, which I love. Standing up from the chair, I make my way to my room.
On my way, I saw my younger sister's room door open. Wasn't she out last night. I went to her room to see the whole neat and everything was arranged. Well... this is strange. I heard the sound of water running in her washroom. She must be back, I guess. Knowing she is back and can also attend the aarti with us made me happy. I quickly went to my room, took my clothes from the cupboard, and went to shower.

»--•--«
HER OUTFIT

Descending down the stairs, I saw everyone was already present

Descending down the stairs, I saw everyone was already present. I quickly came down and stood beside my sister, Aanchal. She gave me a wink on which I smiled. Then mom started doing aarti, and we all sang together. Everyone was praying, slowly I opened my eyes and saw everyone they were so happy so calm. This is what I wanted. This is what I have ever wanted, to be together always. They must always smile and be happy. Sunday was the best day of the week. Quickly, I closed my eyes, smiling.