~25~

The wind blows through my hair as me and Nxy fly over the mountain surrounding Basgiath. The moon shining over Nxy's body making her shimmer in the moonlight. I saw feeling free from everything while on the back of my dragon. 'Nxy..I'm sorry.' I put the back of her neck when she shakes her head. *No I should be the one apologizing to you. I did not believe you, my own rider I chose my brother over you.* I nod as we both stay quiet. *You were right.* 'Hmm?' I looked down at her. *Taking a flight does release tension.* I smile as I lean down and hug her neck while continuing our flight as we go back to the field again. I groan once we near the field as I realize that our flight has come to an end. *In good time we will fly together again like this, my Raven.* I smile and nod as she takes off towards the Vale. I start heading back towards the stairs. I start sensing as if someone was near me.. watching me while walking down the hall to my room. I quickly turn my head back thinking I heard someone right behind me. Finally getting to my room to lay down but also trying to ignore the fact of how little time I have to actually sleep.

Next Day 

        Sparring day has fallen upon us again. I alongside Vi watch as Rhi spars with another cadet. "You came back to the dorms late last night." Vi whispers next to me. I freeze and clear my throat. "I had to walk off what I saw in your room." I reply back. She nods at me and moves her attention back to Rhi. We watch as she flips her opponent over and win her match. As all of us rejoin in our group, I hear commotion coming from the other side of the mat. "Ravenbrook!" We all turned to the voice and we see Kali pointing at my group. "I challenge you!" Ridoc and Sawyer step aside to show me. I shrug my shoulders. "Hmm I'll pass." I counter making some cadets laugh at Kali while she scowls at them. Coming from the farthest part of the gym, I see a certain Wingleader and his two helpers coming to see what's going on. Once Bodhi catches my gaze he gives me soft almost not visible smile. I smile back at him as I start to turn around to walk away from my challenge until Professor Emetterio appears. 

"Actually cadet Ravenbrook you have yet to spar in a while so you're up." Professor Emetterio says. 

Kali smirks upon hearing that. She leans on one of her legs folding her arms as she nudges her head at me, almost like saying 'your move now.'  I roll my eyes as I start to make my way to the mat when I see an arm in front of me and I look to see Bodhi in front of me with Xaden and Garrick behind him. "Be careful love. She's a cheat." I look into his eyes and see worry in them. I swallow the lump in my throat I didn't notice I had. The nervousness now creeping inside of me. I continue my walk to the mat. "Aww did your little hero try to bail you out of this fight." Kali mocks. "No actually he told me to drag you under." I counter as I glare at her back. "Kick her ass Raven!" a cadet yells out. "End her Kali!" another yells. Finally on the mat, Kali and I are standing across from each other. Feeling like an eternity passed the professor yells out. "Fight!." Kali lunges at me. I dodge rolling to my left I move my hand to one of my daggers on my leg but stop myself. Just as quickly I chose not to get my dagger, Kali comes running towards me. Throwing a punch to my face, I push her arm away from me. 

"Fight me!" She growls.

     I punched Kali in the face. Glaring at me as her jaw set, Kali snarled, "you bitch!" Pulling her leg back, she drove her foot into my shin. I grunt in pain. "You told me to fight you and now you get upset when I do." I hear laughter from the cadets watching making Kali even more pissed than she was. 'Great.' I say to myself. *Raven? may I ask why you're taking the defense its not like you to do that.* I dodge another hit. 'I don't want to fight her. She's not worth my time.' *Go for weak points and you'll end the fight quickly then.* I must've been distracted when I threw a punch Kali grabs my arm, pulling me to her, my ear next to her mouth. "How was your talk last night?" She whispers in my ear. I stiffen. 'She was there last night.' *What?!* 'She was the person I sensed outside when I was talking to you and Tairn.' Kali takes the opportunity since I'm frozen to punch me in the ribs then proceeds to push me off of her. I regain my balance but hold my ribs as I look to my left and see Bodhi and the rest of them looking at me with concern. "Aww don't want your friends to see me beat you down. what happened?" She puts on a fake thinking face as she walks around me. "Thought you said you were gonna "drag" me down." She points at me. "You look like you're getting dragged now." She cocks her head to the side smirking evily.