Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I wake up again. Bed sheets were touching me and the sun was shining clean through the windows, the smell of someone unfamiliar, yet so close. I rolled to the other side of the bed and to my surprise it was empty. Maybe he had to go? I checked my phone but no messages were left. I guess that's how it goes, we sleep through the whole night with each other in one another's arms and then in the morning... We pretended nothing had happened, we go on with our lives. I didn't blame him, I tried telling myself that a friendship is just enough.

I went downstairs to wash up and instead, I stumbled upon seeing Jean in the kitchen. It was funny seeing him there until it wasn't. Jean was without a shirt. The shirt was on his head covering the hair. He was carefully mixing something in a bowl, it looked like he was trying something he had never done. Before he could notice me I snuck away into the bathroom. I breathed out thinking relief of seeing him still here.

An image flashed in my memory about yesterday evening. Jean without his shirt. I never imagined him to be this fit, though I didn't see well in the darkness yesterday. Only when I saw his back in broad daylight did the memory of his firm chest arise. I took some time while showering and adding a little touch to my eyebrows so when I came back he was almost done.

"Wow, what is this?" Jean was even more messy than before.

"Did I wake you up?" He smiled offering me a plate of a few pancakes with berries alongside of it. "Here,"

"I didn't know I had blueberries," I looked around at the mess in the kitchen.

"You didn't, I just ran to the store... And yeah sorry for the mess, " He scratched his neck. As much as I hated to admit it I loved the view before me.

"Uhm... Why did you wrap your... you know? Head with your shirt?" I stumbled with my words. Jean was still shirtless.

"Oh it's because of my hair," We both went to the table to eat, "They've gotten longer, I didn't want to risk them getting in our food," He finished.

As Jean ate I couldn't help but wonder how many more things I didn't know about him. He cooks well. What else? I'll go crazy if he plays some kind of instrument. The pancakes were tasty. And I loved blueberries. I also love his great physique, I couldn't stop wondering what it looked like before he lost a huge amount of weight due to... To the accident?

"Just go I'll clean the mess," I told him once he began washing the dishes. "Thanks for the pancakes" A puzzled look shone on his face.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Do you want me out now?" He turned off the sink and looked at me.

"Oh no," I started nodding from left to right, "I meant go shower or do something, you can stay here as long as you want to" I assured him and took the plate of his hands. "I'm alone all the time, no one besides me stays here,"

"Oh. Okay, I'll hit the shower then." He dropped his hands to the sides and let me pass through, "You're sure you don't need any help?" I had to drag him to the washroom.

Jean took a quick shower. When I was about done with cleaning up I bumped into his damp body. He was even more naked than before, only a towel covered up his waist and down below... WHAT THE FUCK HE HAD A TATTOO. It was at the side of his waist rather low. I looked up to see his hair still wet and a bit messy. Also, they were darker which suited him.

"Are you done staring?" Jean leaned next to the wall, his eyebrows raised and a cheeky smirk on his face.

I turned around and went to the kitchen just to escape from him seeing my red face. "Where are you running?" He laughed.