Chaper Three

Aaliyah

Aaliyah

"Oh my gosh, this cab smells like Mason's cologne," slurs Savannah as she stumbles into the backseat and slams the door shut.

"You know you're drunk when you start smelling your ex's cologne," I giggle, trying to catch my balance as the cab pulls away from the curb.

"Where to ladies?" The masculine voice belonging to the cab driver asks.

"Where are we going again?" Asks Savannah, squinting at her phone screen.

"That stupid concert, remember?" Sora mutters, rolling her eyes. "We're heading to The Electric Tavern on Maine Street." She informs the driver.

"Oh yeah!" Savannah exclaims, clapping her hands excitedly. "I can't wait to dance!"

A wave of nausea slams into me, hard. "The vodka wants to come back up." I groan, grabbing ahold of both Savannah and Sora's thighs as I concentrate on swallowing it down. Savannah clutches the door in a panic, trying to put as much space between us as possible, while Sora rubs my back to calm me down.

"Aim that way." Savannah points to Sora.

Sora doesn't respond to her childish response, and instead asks the cab driver if she can roll down her window so that I can get some air. When the cab driver says yes, I lean my body weight on Sora to be closer to the cool breeze. I release a huge sigh of relief as soon as the cold air hits my overheated face, distracting me from the overwhelming nausea I feel at the moment.

"Who told me I could handle five shots of vodka?"

"You did!" They both exclaim.

Oh, right.

I sometimes overestimate my alcohol tolerance — it is truly a fatal flaw.

After fifteen excruciating long minutes of holding back my vomit, our cab finally pulls into the crowded parking lot of the concert. As the car comes to a stop and I stumble out, I can't help but feel grateful to be free from the constant motion that was making me feel queasy. The swaying and turning of the car was triggering my motion sickness, and I am relieved to finally have some solid ground beneath my feet. The fresh air is helping to ease my discomfort and I'm finally able to take a deep breath and relax my tense muscles.

Sora hands the cab driver the money that we divided evenly between us before saying one last thank you and shutting the door.

"Good riddance!" Savannah screams as the car peels away from us, causing the two of us to throw our heads back and laugh obnoxiously loud.

"I need another drink." Sora sighs, annoyed by our drunken antics.

We take a moment to observe our surroundings. The parking lot is a sea of black leather and denim, filled with excited rock fans ready for a night of headbanging and screaming. The sound of roaring engines mixed with the blasting music from car stereos creates a chaotic yet exhilarating atmosphere. The smell of cigarettes and alcohol lingers in the air as people tailgate and prepare for the concert. The energy is palpable as the small crowd eagerly makes their way towards the brick building where the concert is held.