Peerage (Sayo Hitsugi)

Anything you recognise isn't mine.

"What a piece of fucking shit." Kenji muttered, as he magic-circled back into his house. Hanging up his leather jacket on its usual hook, he walked into the kitchen, where Akame, Zest, Roberta and Ruby were cooking.

Zest had taught Roberta how to actually cook, as she (Roberta) had said that she was a pretty bad cook. However, Zest had taught her a few tricks, and Roberta could cook a good feast for everyone in Kenji's peerage, including herself.

Ruby had picked up on cooking for herself pretty well, but usually didn't come for dinner. She just ate whenever the hell she felt like it, which Kenji had no problem with.

Akame just came downstairs and binge-ate meat by the ton whenever the fuck she felt like it.

"Hey, you four." Kenji greeted them, walking over to the fridge and pulling out a bar of chocolate.

"Hi, Kenji." Ruby greeted her King, with a smile. She then caught sight of Kenji's face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Just got back from a contract." Kenji replied. "The bastard I regularly go to cheated me out of payment."

"What were they asking for this time?" Zest asked.

"Some books on magic spells." Kenji replied. "Said they wanted them for research."

"That can run from simple research to something a lot more sinister." Roberta said.

"So, from slightly bad to a fucking catastrophe." Kenji said. "Keep an eye open."

"Right." The four in the kitchen chorused, and Kenji left the room, biting into the chocolate.

Line Break

That night, Kenji was in his TV room, sitting on the sofa, watching a show, Pen next to him. Her head lay on his chest, and her ten Fallen Angel wings were out, gently wrapping her younger brother in an embrace.

"I always wanted to have sex with a little brother..." Pen whispered, lifting her head up to kiss Kenji on the neck. "I want to be a dirty older sister, and be dominated by my brother~"

"Maybe you will." Kenji lifted her head up, and the pair of them slowly began to move their lips together, before a news broadcast came on.

Kenji's eyes flicked to it momentarily, but the image it was showing made his eyes widen.

It was the same person that had cheated him out of payment. And he was using the spells out of those books to kill random people.

Kenji pulled his head sharply away from Pen, and stood up. Pen comically fell onto the sofa, and looked up at her foster brother.

"Kenji, what was that for?" she asked. "Don't you-"

"Pen." Kenji said, in a cold voice that left no room for negotiation. "Fetch whoever's still awake." Too surprised at Kenji's tone, Pen left the room.

'Whoever's being killed by that bastard...' Kenji thought, looking at the TV and seeing that three people (he couldn't see their faces clearly) were engaging the killer in combat. 'I'm sorry. It's all my fault that you're dying.'

About a minute later, Pen returned. Seras, Ruby and Revy were with her. Seras had her Harkonnen, Ruby had her Crescent Rose, and Revy had her two guns.

"Hey, you lot." Kenji greeted his peerage members. "We're going on a trip to Japan."

"Why, boss?" Revy asked. "Do we get to kill people?"

"Possibly." Kenji replied. He created a magic-circle for the four of them to step into. "Let's be off." Seras, Ruby and Revy stepped into the circle, and they were teleported away.