Preparation is Key

Drew's POV

"Good morning, beautiful! Did you sleep well or were you still caught up in our adventure from last night?" I playfully teased Daniela. "I hope I didn't disrupt your rest, Reverend."

She sighed, "Morning, Drew. I'm up and reminiscing about last night... I have to confess, it was hard to fall asleep with all those... memories..." Her tone carried regret. "How was your night?"

"I tried counting sheep, but all I could think about was you and the wonderful time we shared. It got me pondering... when can I meet the charming Daniela again?"

She sighed again, "Listen... Drew, about that—I... I'm truly sorry. I wasn't at my best, and I'd prefer if we just forget it ever happened."

I chuckled softly, tinged with a hint of disappointment, "Really? I thought we had a connection...!"

"We might, but not like that. Last night was a misstep. Let's leave it in the past and move forward, okay?" she pleaded.

"Dani, last night... you were truly enchanting. You seemed happy and carefree, and I'd love to see more of that side of you." I cleared my throat, "Can we talk about this on Friday evening? I'll give you time to think it over."

Daniela wasn't as difficult to handle as I initially thought. It was surprisingly easy to end up between her thighs. She desired me, that much was evident. I desired her as well, possibly even loved her, but not enough to derail my plans from being carried out. My commitment to Willow Creek was too strong to be derailed by a romantic involvement. As much as I believed I cared for her, I knew that my duty to Big Daddy came first. I couldn't afford to let personal feelings cloud my judgment or distract me from my responsibilities. My team needed me and I was trying to build my own empire too, I was determined to see my work through to the end, no matter what obstacles stood in my way. So I pushed aside any thoughts of what could have been and focused on the task at hand.

Big Daddy had returned to Angels since I was away and also taking care of business in Willow Creek, but he thought it was best he returned to discuss a few things with me. Dalton, Willow Creek, and nearly Eastwood were under my control. To dominate Eastwood entirely, I only needed to handle Papi. Arcasia, on the other hand, required careful strategizing, as Benny was facing challenges due to a police presence.

I had to meet him at the cafe, feeling stressed. He had a habit of altering plans and making them riskier. I was unsure of what to anticipate, but it was bound to be risky. As I entered the cafe, I could already feel the tension building up inside me. I spotted him sitting at a corner table, a mischievous glint in his eyes. I hesitated for a moment, wondering if I should turn around and walk away. But it's just business, and I made my way towards him, steeling myself for whatever risky plan he had cooked up this time. It had been more than ten years working with him but I couldn't warm up to his inconsistencies.

He stood, embraced me, and kissed my cheeks. "Jacquie!" he greeted me warmly. "You look great, being back home seems to suit you." he remarked.

I chuckled in response, "What can I say? Momma's hands."

"I can see that! Now, let's focus on business," he said, crossing his arms. "Your dedication and efficiency have impressed me... I notice that you and Benny still make a great team, and his loyalty to you is commendable. However, my dear Jacquie, I can't help but feel disappointed that you haven't yet dealt with Papi and taken full control of Eastwood and Arcasia. If you were with the Angels, this would have been resolved already. Is there something distracting you?" I sensed he was hinting at a possible distraction.

Clearing my throat, I replied, "No, there are no distractions... I understand your frustration, boss. We've encountered significant challenges in Arcasia, especially with the increased law enforcement presence. We are working hard to overcome these obstacles and ensure our operations run smoothly."

As he sipped his coffee, he acknowledged, "I understand the obstacles you face, Jacquie... but it's crucial for us to have complete control over these territories for our dominance in the drug trade. Can you provide me with a detailed plan to eliminate Papi and strengthen our hold in Eastwood and Arcasia?"

"Absolutely. I've been strategizing on this matter, considering the law enforcement situation in Arcasia. We need to take a two-pronged approach. Firstly, we must intensify our efforts to gather intelligence on Papi's network and weaknesses. This will allow us to exploit any vulnerabilities and weaken his grip on the territory which I have already done."

"Go on..." he urged.

Clearing my throat, I continued, "Secondly, I suggest leveraging our influence to form alliances with other major criminal organizations in Eastwood. By uniting, we can enhance our power and deal a decisive blow to Papi's operations. This will create an opportunity for us to establish complete control over Eastwood... As for Arcasia, we need to adjust our strategies to counter the increased law enforcement presence. This includes improving our intelligence networks, implementing more sophisticated evasion tactics, and working closely with our trusted contacts within law enforcement agencies."

He sarcastically applauded, "Your plan sounds promising, Jacquie. I admire your strategic thinking and readiness to confront these challenges. Keep me informed of your progress, and remember, failure is not an option, we need Papi eliminated."

"Have I ever let you down?" we both chuckled.

"Have you spoken to the Bishop yet?" he inquired.

Pretending ignorance, I asked, "Which Bishop?"

"Aaron Moretti!" I hoped he would reconsider involving him, perhaps use a deacon instead of Daniela's father.

"Bishop Moretti?" I responded. "Oh, I was planning to speak with his deacons instead..."

He slammed his hand on the table, "No! I want him on board, not his subordinates." Damn Big Daddy, that's Dani's dad. "Jacquie, we can channel our profits through the church's extensive charitable network. It will legitimize our money and allow us to expand without attracting unwanted attention. And... Bishop Moretti is the ideal person for this, he's desperate.

"Trust me, It's a bold move. Exploiting his weakness is a clever strategy..." I hesitated, business was meant to be smooth, but then? I had to push aside my doubts because that was where we stepped up. "Churches don't face the same scrutiny as other organizations. But why me?"

He chuckled, "Because you have a way with people; you know how to persuade them to your point of view. You managed to win over and fuck his eldest daughter within weeks of arriving... Besides, Moretti is not just a pawn—he needs to be handled delicately."

"Oh, so you're aware of my activities?" I shook my head, "I can handle Moretti. Do we have a plan for approaching him?"

"We'll arrange a meeting under the guise of philanthropy—discuss significant donations and community projects. It's crucial that he sees us as benefactors, not just wealthy donors, but with a genuine interest in the 'spiritual well-being' of our town. Since he saw you at the charity event, gaining his trust should be easier." we clinked our cups. "The key is to make him believe that he is making his own decision and that by assisting us, he's doing God's work. Make him a sincere offer, no pun intended."

"Consider it done. If anyone can make money laundering sound like a divine act, it's me."

"There's no one else I trust for this task. Make it happen, and we'll be untouchable—virtuous figures among the sinners in our tough world."

"Saints with a profitable margin—my favourite kind of holy." I sipped my coffee.

My schedule was completely booked for the week ahead.

Thursday: Meet Benny to discuss removing Papi.

Friday: Meet Daniela's father, meet Daniela, and then finally eliminate Papi.

Saturday: Visit my mother.

Sunday: Attend church and have lunch with my mother.