Business Proposal

Drew's POV

It was then Thursday evening, and Benny and I were strategizing the murder of Papi. He had been obstructing my business progress for a while, and we agreed it was best to tie up loose ends.

"Benny, it's time we handle Papi. He's a hindrance to our Eastwood operations," I stated.

"I understand, boss; he's impacting our profits. Are we sticking with plan A?" he asked.

"Yes... It must be precise, Benny. No room for error this time. We need a strong message—crystal clear. But remember, no links back to us or our setup."

"Yeah, we can't appear weak. So, something that conveys 'don't cross us' without implicating us?" he concurred. 

"Exactly. I want them terrified to even consider encroaching on our territory again. Can you manage that?" I questioned. 

"Yes, I'll organize it with some contacts to execute it for you..."

I interrupted, "No, Benny! It's either you or me. No external involvement. If we do it together, I believe we can handle the cleanup. Bringing others in means waiting on their availability, and I can't afford that delay."

"Understood!"

"Also, I need you to pick up Reverend Dani tomorrow at 7 pm."

"Special occasion?"

"Hmm, yes!" I answered.

"Boss, is there a romantic interest in Reverend Daniela Moretti?" he teased.

"Benny, Benny; maybe there is. Who knows?" we both chuckled.

Maybe there was! I was fond of Dani and thought we could have a romantic connection if not just a physical one. She's a wonderful person, well-liked by many, and appeared to have a kind heart. I was eager to see where our relationship might go. Hopefully, our date would shed some light on my feelings for her. However, before that, I needed to meet her father.

...

It was Friday midday, and I was going to see Bishop Moretti. He didn't like me much, but I hoped he would consider my proposal out of desperation. I had to persuade him that he was doing the right thing. While I suspected Aaron Moretti's corrupt nature and his readiness to assist in money laundering, I understood the risks involved but chose to proceed.

I arrived at the Moretti household, nervous but determined. I must admit, stunning women surrounded Bishop Moretti; his wife and daughters were truly God's masterpieces.  

**The doorbell rang**

The doorbell chimed. As the door creaked open, Lady Meredith greeted me warmly with her beautiful smile, "Ah, Drew!" Embracing me, she exclaimed, "Please come in, my dear... I've eagerly awaited the chance to meet you properly since your arrival. How is your mother? The resemblance between you two is truly remarkable!" Lady Meredith's kindness surprised me; she always appeared so... serious whenever I saw her. Was it all a facade?

Grinning broadly, I replied, "Lady Meredith, thank you for the warm welcome. My mother is well and has been writing songs lately."

"It's my pleasure, Drew! Feel at home. I'm glad you decided to visit us, and Ms. Everly must be too. Your participation in church activities after so long is a significant step forward," she said, clearing her throat. "My husband is also looking forward to your visit," she added, though her tone hinted otherwise.

"Thank you both. I look forward to meeting Bishop Moretti, especially after hearing my mother's stories. I've heard he is quite gifted too!" I said, with a touch of irony, knowing about the Bishop's infidelities over the years.