ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Cha Hyun-soo's POV:

My eyes started flickering open. I could see a dimly lit corridor and guards left and right pointing their guns at me. What happened? I was being restrained by shackles.

Why am I naked?

"Bring him in.", a familiar voice said on the mic.

It was dark.

What happened? I thought I was with Kyung-min's dad. I hate that. 'Kyung-min's dad'

Outside that containment I could hear whispers, mumbles, and rasps.

What are they saying?

Are they mocking me? I hate this. It reminds of Kim Yu-jun. It still feels the same though. I still am an outsider, a person who is different and feared. As long as I can help others I am willing to go through this.

They threw me in the containment and the cold chilly floor hit my bare feet. The place was huge with towering ceilings and dark walls. With the feeling of darkness settling in, a strong beam of light was shone under me, casting my shadow and blinding me. All of a sudden a loud blaring alarm surrounded the room. A door started opening.

"Welcome to the lab Cha Hyun-soo!", Kyung-min's dad spread his arms in the transparent glass, making sure I see.

Kim Yu-jun was there.

"Will you finally answer me?", I asked. I was desperate. Does he really want Kyung-min? What lengths is he willing to take? Why am I here?

"I think you will figure it out on your own.", he said before a strong smell of iron filled my nostrils, the warm red liquid flowed through my body.

"Type red. Blood makes them aggressive."

"Has she trusted you? Let's find out.", I could feel his smirk from a mile away.

What is he talking about? What trust?

"Begin the test on MH-5, Cha Hyun-soo."

The monster had started growling as he inched towards me, all of a sudden his fist hit my face, delivering a huge blow. I stood up using my fists to support me. To release me from the shackles I mustered up whatever strength I had to break me free. 

However, he had pushed me back. Approaching me, he picked me off the ground by my neck, starting to choke me. He slammed me against the wall, delivering punch by punch, making my body fall to the ground because my knees were failing me. He grabbed me by the head and proceeded to bite me in the neck, tearing off my skin.

"Stop!", I shouted. I felt my eyes shift.

I saw it.

His past life, before he turned into a monster. He was a tennis player. I could feel his happiness through the vision. Then I felt a deep sadness, a man was in a hospital bed. Tears were shed. The monster had backed away from me, I could sense his sadness. he finally let me go and the shackle on my neck broke. 

"I want to stop hurting", the monster pleaded.

"Help me.", he said as I slowly approached him trying to comfort him.

Men in hazmat suits entered the containment. They were carrying flamethrowers and aiming it at the monster.

"Andwae!(No/Stop)", I pleaded as they set the monster ablaze.

"He's human.", I sobbed as I knelt to the floor.

They had brought me to a shower area, and had sprayed water on me from all fours. As the blood and water mixture dripped down my face all I could think of was the sound of the flamethrower and the monster's cries.