Chapter 3: Growing Relationships

You went back to your room and laid down on your bed while staring at the ceiling. You tried to forget what happened earlier but it just keeps rewinding in your mind. The more you stayed in silence, the more times it replayed in your head. Then, you remembered that time when "Kaufmo" said 'RUN' to you when you're in the abandoned office space. "Why is this happening? I don't understand...All of these people have been here for who knows how long and they're okay with any of this?" You questioned,

"And that Caine guy, he's just thinking that it's fine like he wanna stay here from the real reality. What happens if I lose my mind? What happened if I became obsessed over something that I might become...abstracted? Oh, what am I saying?! I'M INSANE! I'M INSANE! I'M INSANE! I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'LL BE HERE!!"

"I'LL NEVER PULL THIS OFF!" Everyone was leaning to your door, listening to your ranting. "Huh, I thought I was the only one who shouted my thoughts out." Jax said, "Sounds like they're really tick off." Kinger said, "No kidding.." Zooble said, sarcastically. As they continued to listen in, Ragatha came in around the corner with Pomni and saw what they're doing. "What's going on?" She asked, "We're listening to the Magician drama ranting." Jax said, "Wha- Guys, they're dealing with a lot right now. Shouldn't listen to their business." Ragatha said,

"You guys can listen if you want to." He said, "I'm not nosy! It's their business-" "Shh! I'm trying to listen to their ranting." "..." "It sounds like they stop." Gangle said. "Ugh! There goes my drama!" Jax exclaimed as he stomped away from the door. "Yeah, it's over. If anyone needs me, then [BOINK!] off." Zooble said, flipping at them as she walked away. "Oh, well, back to my insect collection." Kinger said. As they walk away, they overhear your words again. "I can't believe this is happening. What was Kaufmo's belief about Caine?"

Everyone instantly stopped in their tracks when they heard that and immediately went back to the door to listen in again. "What?" "Okay, let me remember...I was falling through the void and many dimensions until I landed in some office space that has those old computers and VR head seats and then, Kaufmo almost came out of his "abstraction" and only told me 'RUN', I think. But run to where? And maybe even...run to who?" "Th-They saw Kaufmo?" Kinger whispered "Out of his abstraction?" Ragatha said, confused.

"VR headsets?" Pomni added, "Old office space?" Zooble muttered, "That's it! I can't take it anymore, I'm going out to get some air." They heard the door opening and instantly ran away in different directions while bumping into each other before you came out of your room and looked around. "Hm, for a second, I thought someone was eavesdropping in my room." You said, but shrugged it off before walking away from your room. As you headed to the main area, you spotted Kinger playing his insect collection.

"Hey, King? What are you doing?" You asked, "It's my insect collection. Wanna see?" He asked, "Oh, uh..You showed it to me earlier today or yesterday. We really need to keep track of time here." You said, "But I didn't know that there's insects here though." "Yeah, well, it's what kept me sane, you know." He said, "By the size of his eyes, I could tell." You muttered, "What?" "Nothing." You said, he shrugged and looked at his insect collection again while you were thinking of something.

'Wait…the others said that he's been here the longest so..that means..' You gasped slightly, then looked back at the hallway of the bedrooms to see another chess piece but this one is brown, has eyelashes and is wearing a red robe. 'Oh...Kinger...' Then, that's when you thought of an idea and took off your hat to get something. "Hey, Kinger. I got you something." You said, "Hm?" You pulled out a tree branch that has butterfly chrysalis hanging from the stem. "O-Oh...If I may ask, what is it?" Kinger asked,

"It's butterfly chrysalis. This is where the butterflies come from and now, I'm giving you to watch over her." You gently give the tree branch to him as he holds the branch while staring at the chrysalis. "So, wait for the butterfly to come out?" He asked, "Yep but it's gonna take some time-" Then, that's when they both noticed the egg shaking. "...AHHH! IT'S HATCHING! IT'S HATCHING! WHAT DO I DO, Y/N?!" Kinger shouted, panicked, shaking you by the head. "Calm down, Kinger! It's just hatching, that's all!" You exclaimed, "BUT-"