Chapter 1: Tengu City

Thirty years ago, the Eurasian continent was devastated by a supermassive "Spatial Quake". It's a phenomenon involving space vibrations of unknown origin, resulting in the deaths of over 150 million people. Since then, these quakes have been plaguing the world intermittently, albeit on a lighter scale.

In Japan, Tengu city is once leveled by one of the quakes; The Great Kanto Area Spacequake. There were no more in the following 25 years, but starting 5 year ago, beginning in the reformed Tengu city, the spacequakes have been on the rise. To make things worse, Japan is getting most of them.

A corporation called DEM provided a spacequake alarm and an underground shelter for the citizen around the world with the support from the government.

"Here we are..."

Y/n L/n, a 15 year old teenager from Bellwood town, USA. He started his high school life in Tengu city, Japan because he's curious the cause behind the quakes. He has seen things beyond human comprehension during his summer vacation from 5 years ago, and he's looking forward to solve the spacequake mystery.

"Let's see what this school can offer me.."

He went through the gate of Raizen high school, one of Tengu city's public school. But unlike regular high school in America, Japan has ethics to follow. Fortunately, Y/n has learned those ethics back home for a month or two and fluenced with their language.

It was a pain in his ass.

One of the ethics is that he has to wear a uniform to go to school, and he has to wear an indoor shoes to enter the building.

He entered the school gymnasium for the entrance ceremony and after a motivational speech from the principal, he went to the main building with the other freshmen to find his designated class.

"1-5, huh?"

He entered the class to see the room has been filled with a few students, and he spotted a desk at the back of the class next to the window. He took the spot and placed his bag down next to his desk before leaning his back to the chair with a sigh.

"Ano.."

A voice caught his attention. He turned his head toward the voice to find a female classmate next to him. This is the first Japanese classmate he's going interact with, and he's going to test his vocabulary.

"Yes, can I help you?"

"Ooh, you speak fluently. It's impressive." She said in surprise manner. "Um, is this seat empty?"

"Please, go ahead."

She nodded in grateful manner and took the spot. Meanwhile, Y/n is quietly celebrating his success for being able to speak fluently toward a classmate.

"By the way, my name is Mikie Okamine." The girl introduced herself with a friendly smile. "Please to meet you."

"Please to meet you." Y/n bowed in polite manner. "My name is Y/n L/n."

"No need to be that stiff." She said in reassurance. "Are you perhaps an American?"

"Yes, from Bellwood."

"Bellwood?"

"It's a small town. Not that famous."

"I see." She replied. "What brings you to Japan?"

"I, uh.. wanted a change of environment.. try new things.. challenging myself, you know?" He lied as naturally as he breaths.

"But, why here?" She asked in concern manner. "You must've heard how spacequake frequently happened in Tengu city."