Chapter 7: The Inverse & The Predator

"Whoa.."

Y/n watched the Inverse Spirit standing in a distance motionless. She then glanced around her surrounding with a sharp gaze in curious manner until a soft groan caught her attention. Her eyes widened in surprise to see her other self and when Tohka regained her consciousness, she's also surprised to see the Inverse.

"Y/n.. what is going?" Shido whispered.

"Inversion.." Y/n whispered back.

"What?"

"It's when a Spirit is exposed by a severe negative emotion." He explained. "Although, nothing in the database said anything about separating away from their body."

"What do you mean?"

"Tohka was supposed to turn into Inverse, not split into two."

{Perhaps it's has something to do with this Monster Zero.} Kotori chimed in.

Y/n flinched in response before looking down on his hand. He knew Monster Zero is universal level threat monster, and he has no intention to disclose it.

{Sir, the AST reinforcement has arrived and extracting the ice sculptures with choppers, but the Inverse is in their radar as well and a few soldiers are on stand-by.}

The two twin Spirits gazed at each other in both confusion and curious. The Inverse then offered her hand to Tohka as if she felt concern of her twin. Tohka is hesitant by the offer, but she eventually took her hand. But the moment their hands grazed at each other, a flash of memory appeared inside the Inverse's head.

She jolted in response before clutching her head tightly, and she kneeled down while grunting in pain. Memories of Tohka kept flashing in her minds, and most of them are about the fight against the AST. The soldiers fought her with an intention to kill, and they even condemned her existence.

However, it changed when she met the two boys.

"Are you okay?!"

Tohka pushed herself up and aided her twin in concern, and she put her hands gently on the Inverse' shoulders. The memories eventually stopped appearing with the agonizing pain, and the Inverse looked up to her twin with a weak expression. She doesn't why, but she felt safe and comfortable with her twin.

{What the hell!?}

"Kotori..?" Shido placed his hand on the earpiece. "What's wrong..?"

{You have incoming, but it's not the AST!}

{Sir.} Edi called. {It's coming from the outer space.}

Y/n shivered in response, and his sixth sense alarmed him. He quickly grabbed Shido by his clothes, and they jumped forward before a huge object crashed down where they were.

The Spirits ducked down to cover themselves from the blowing dust, and the boys fell to the floor safety. They all coughed by the dust particle before looking back to the crash to see a looming figure within the dust cloud. The dust then subsided and revealed an enormous robot in front of them.

 The dust then subsided and revealed an enormous robot in front of them