Chapter 6: Sword Meets Claw

Shido is standing in front of the school as the sky has turned orange.

A week after his first encounter with the Spirit Princess, and she appeared once again in Raizen. A part of the school building is obliterated by the quake, and the Spirit is wandering inside.

The AST soldiers are stationed in a forest behind the school area. None of them are attacking due to their CR-units aren't optimize for indoor combat.

"Why am I here? I thought this is Y/n's job." Shido groaned in displease.

{Because the man in question is nowhere to be found, and his butler is very uncooperative.} Kotori complained through Shido's earpiece. {We're going back to our usual-}

An alarm suddenly blared out inside the airship, and the Nemetrix symbol appeared on the main screen. The crew are confused by the icon except for Reine and Yoruka for they recognized that symbol.

"That symbol.." The analysis uttered.

"What is it, Reine?" Kotori inquired.

"I seen it from Y/n's toy watch."

"I assure you, Reine. That watch is not a toy." Yoruka chimed in. "Am I right, Edi?"

The AI appeared on the corner of the screen. {Yes. And it's approaching the AST from the rear.}

The AST soldiers are remained on high alert, not noticing an incoming danger from behind until a loud snap of a twig echoed through the forest. They immediately trained their weapons to their surrounding, preparing themselves for a surprise attack.

A blur figure blitzed pass the trees in a blinding speed and alerted the ASTs. The situation repeated itself, resulting the soldiers to be anxious till they spotted a large fresh claw marks on one of the trees.

"What the.."

One of the soldiers decided to inspect the mark. She approached the tree in wary manner before caressing her hand on the mark.

But suddenly, a powerful high-pitched scream from across the claw mark caught the AST off guard. They quickly covered their ears, but the scream managed to stun them. They groaned in pain and wandered around in confusion, and the blur figure used the opportunity to attack.

It blitzed through the soldiers while destroying their CR-units on their backs, and the equipments are shattered to pieces while emitting electricity. The figure is also destroying their weapons, and the attack repeated till all AST in the are are unable to fight. Then, the figure breathed out cryogenic vapor and turned all of the soldiers into an ice statue.

The Fraxinus crew watched the attack in a state of a shock. They couldn't see who is the attacker since it moved so fast that their eyes couldn't see it.

Questions kept pouring into their minds, and the Spirit is no exception. She glared at the source to find a cloud of ice mist in the mountain.

{Hey, what's going?! What happened?!} Shido shouted through his comms.

{May I suggest you to brace yourself, Itsuka-kun?} Edi requested.

{Huh?}

"Shido, watch out!" Kotori screamed in alert manner.

The Nemetrix symbol moved away from the AST location before flying pass the school building. Shido noticed a figure coming from above and falling to his location. He screamed in panic and raised his arms to cover his head, but the figure crash landed behind him in a distance.

The crash created dust cloud, but a large silhouette could be seen within. Shido looked back to the crash, and the figure decided to step out the dust cloud. Shido and the Fraxinus crew gasped sharply in horror manner to see the figure to be an enormous monster that resembling a mythological being.