Chapter 19: Paradox

Japan is 13 hours ahead of America, and that's why they departed by daylight to able to arrive to their destination by midnight. They've entered the night time of Earth while listening to Y/n's playlist. Some of them are annoyed while the rest are either humming or nodding to the music.

Y/n himself is playing chess with his dog on the floor while lip syncing, and Mika is sitting on Reine's lap. He sometime shot a glance at the woman while holding the urge to tell her his reincarnation.

"Hey, y'all! Prepare yourself for the Rubberband Man!" Y/n cheered before smirking at the Inverse. "Sing it, Tenka!"

The girl frowned in response before rolling her eyes in annoyance. Those who are annoyed with Y/n's taste of music couldn't anything since he has the ship under his full control. The boy himself continued to play with his dog, and Zed moved her piece with her jaw to get a check before nodding in triumph.

"That's a good move." Y/n praised before loosening his collar.

" Y/n praised before loosening his collar

"I can't believe it. I'm losing to a dog."

"Okay, Y/n." Kotori snapped him out. "Can you tell us why we're heading to your hometown?"

He coughed in response, and the music is stopped. "Anyone remember about the drawback of using the Nemetrix?"

"It'll turn any sentient being like human crazy with you as an exception." Yoruka said.

"Yes, but the watch is actually still effecting me."

Kotori burrowed her eyebrows at Y/n. "Elaborate."

"The watch enhanced my reflexes and all of my senses, including the sixth one. The sixth sense allow me to sense danger and to tell which Kurumi is real and not." Y/n informed before looking at the time Spirit. "Kurumi, the one who enrolled in the first day was your clone, yes?"

"Indeed, she's-"

"Your past, present and future from different time of axis." Y/n continued, surprising the Spirit.

"That explain why Mana couldn't kill her." Yoruka stated. "But what does it have anything to do with our trip-"

{Sir, we have arrived.}

Y/n smirked in response before closing down the chessboard. He then stood up with Zed next to him, and he turned his attention to the main screen where it showed an abandoned military base in the middle of a desert.

"Los Soledad?" Reine read the welcome sign in wonder.

Y/n and Kurumi are then sent down to the surface outside the large wall of Los Soledad, and they're all have earpieces to communicate with the Fraxinus.