Chapter 2: Useless Squirrel

"Who the hell is this little shit? A lost child?"

The ship crew who are on their station and Shido jolted in panic while Kotori gritted her teeth in anger. Y/n noticed their reaction but couldn't careless as he dropped his bag before walking toward the center of the room.

"If that little shit really is this airship commander, then I'm the president of the United State." He joked. "I mean, seriously. Who is dumb enough to hire an underage kid to command this flying piece of junk?"

"You son of a bitch!"

Kotori jumped off from her station to the air and launched both of her feet down at Y/n. His back is on her but due to his sensitive senses, he reacted fast enough to move sideway to evade her attack.

Kotori is shocked by his reaction, and he grabbed her ankle before tossing her to the wall near her station. She hit her back hard and staggered by the impact in result but as soon as she recovered, Y/n dropkicked her back to the wall.

He fell safely on the floor and swiped down her feet before standing up and pressed his shoes down on her back while holding one of her arm up. She winched in pain in response, but Y/n couldn't careless.

"Dropkicked a child." He smiled. "That's a check in my To-Do list."

Everyone in the bridge are surprised. They've ran down Y/n's background and found nothing out of ordinary. They couldn't believe their eyes to see a normal civilian outmatched a highly trained ship commander.

"Nobody move!" Y/n warned before twisting Kotori's arm slightly. "I dropkicked a child, and I'm not afraid to break their bone."

"Y/n, wait!" Shido begged.

"You too, senpai." He added. "By the way, which one is adopted? You or her?"

Shido flinched. "Um, me?"

"Is that an answer or a question?"

"It's me, okay?! I'm the adopted one!"

Y/n nodded with a hum of understanding. "You're a lucky guy. Her parent decided to stick with you unlike your biological one."

Shido frowned in discomfort while the others are still alarmed. Despite Y/n's lay back attitude, the crew couldn't feel any opening to catch him off guard as if he had eyes around his body.

"You know, it is hard for me to believe that someone as young and short-tempered as you were chosen to be a ship commander." Y/n pressed his feet down deeper on Kotori's back. "Is your boss has some sort of... um, mental issue?"

"I-I assure you that the Director has a good reason to have commander Itsuka to command a ship." Kannazuki replied.

"Really? Does her parents know about this?"

"That's personal information."

He frowned. "Okay, then when did she enter the military school?"

"That's classified."

Y/n nodded with a hum again, understanding the professionalism. There's no way a military personnel will disclose all sensitive informations to a civilian or a threat like Y/n, so he kept his questions for the future.

"Lose your heat, yet?" Y/n asked Kotori, and she nodded in response. "You sure?"

"Yes.."

"Good. But if you're lying, I'll break your jaw."

He released her arm and put his feet away, and Kotori lifted herself up while groaning due to the pain. She caressed her arm to ease the pain, and Shido approached her in worry manner.